• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

cdskier

Interesting, but I literally dont recall a thread on this of anyone here ever discussing it.

Former Sunday Rivah Rat

Wildcat now only has 8% of it's trails open, about 1/4 of the average of the ski 93 resorts.
What happened to that new snowmaking system?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Wildcat now only has 8% of it's trails open, about 1/4 of the average of the ski 93 resorts.

Look at Waterville kicking everyone's ass on terrain percentage opened. That's surprising. Not counting Pat's due to lesser acreage. Taking nothing away from Pats either. They're pros

zyk

Meanwhile in NY Belleayre is making Hunter look very sad. Seems Vail didn't expect other places to step up and slap them around. The lesson Vail doesn't exist in a vacuum. There are other options.

eatskisleep

Yet people keep buying Epic passes. Vote with your wallet. Don’t support that BS.

JimG.

Staff member
Meanwhile in NY Belleayre is making Hunter look very sad. Seems Vail didn't expect other places to step up and slap them around. The lesson Vail doesn't exist in a vacuum. There are other options.
I'm thinking that Vail didn't expect Belleayre to hire the entire Hunter snowmaking crew.

I feel pretty lucky to have Belle as my go to day trip hill. Now we need some real snow.

cdskier

I'm thinking that Vail didn't expect Belleayre to hire the entire Hunter snowmaking crew.

I feel pretty lucky to have Belle as my go to day trip hill. Now we need some real snow.

Didn't Hunter call themselves the "Snowmaking capital of the world" in the past? My how the mighty have fallen!

zyk

I'm planning on being there from Tuesday on. Gore when the snow hits. Belle is a good day trip.

zyk

Didn't Hunter call themselves the "Snowmaking capital of the world" in the past? My how the mighty have fallen!
Under the Slutskys. Everything buried to the to the top of the fences. West side either annapurna or 44 depending on the year. Otherwise everything (except the highlands always wanted to ride that poma).

BenedictGomez

Meanwhile in NY Belleayre is making Hunter look very sad. Seems Vail didn't expect other places to step up and slap them around.

Wow! That is particularly shocking for anyone in the Cats to be trumping Hunter on snowmaking. Like astounding if you're familiar with the relative capabilities. Maybe my, "Vail will intentionally decrease snowmaking" prediction is already coming true.

thetrailboss

Staff member
500 pages of Vail rocking it. Happy New Year!
"I fixed it for you. Happy Fucking New Year! Hoping that this year is EPIC for you too!"

rob-katz-office-740x417.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
"8% of terrain, but my bank account runneth over. That's all that matters!"

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
How are the Vail properties in VT comparing to the competition there? If they are keeping up, then perhaps it does suggest that Vail views NY and NH differently than VT.

Quietman

500 pages of Vail sucking. Happy New Year!
And how many several hundreds of Katz memes are included in the thread? Seems that all of the meme posters are really obsessed with Katz to the point of, WOW I should spend an hour to find a really kool new Katz pic??!? Kind of obs/cump my book🥴.

How about switching the meme obsession to the new CEO Kristen Lynch. I would much rather look a pictures of her and she seems to be pushing in the right direction. Not sure how much operational control national has over the N NH resorts, but Crotched and Sunapee are doing the best with what the weather has provided at this point.

1704117824008.png

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
And how many several hundreds of Katz memes are included in the thread? Seems that all of the meme posters are really obsessed with Katz to the point of, WOW I should spend an hour to find a really kool new Katz pic??!? Kind of obs/cump my book🥴.
Nah, it only took about 30 seconds to find that new pic. It's not that hard. He provides plenty of fodder. It is just for fun. Not obsessive at all.
How about switching the meme obsession to the new CEO Kristen Lynch. I would much rather look a pictures of her and she seems to be pushing in the right direction. Not sure how much operational control national has over the N NH resorts, but Crothed and Sunapee are doing the best with what the weather has provided at this point.
Something to consider. From what I have seen she does not have nearly as many ridiculous photos.