• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

so where have you traveled?

2knees

not sure why i was thinking about this but i havent really gotten around much. A trip to Ireland, Hawaii, a couple of days in northern California and a week in the dominican pretty much sum up my real travels. I guess Florida too since i've been there a bunch of times but that doesnt really count in my book cause i'd rather go to the Cape or the Vineyard.

Been to Vegas and Missouri for business. I think i actually prefer Missouri. BTW, i was thinking of this in terms of being the adult in charge, not where you went as a kid on your parents dime.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Only place I've been outside of the country on my own dime as an adult is Amsterdam; five years ago to see String Cheese Incident and Ekoostik Hookah at the Melk Weg; that was an interesting week :lol:. Montreal a few times as well actually.

Also as an 'adult'

Done plenty of Florida trips, one Colorado, Central Coast of California and we went to DC this April. I've also lived in Vermont, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Florida, back to Vermont, Maine and now New Hampshire since I graduated college in December of 2000. :eek:

Next trip planned is my honeymoon in September. The then Mrs and I will be spending six days in St. Thomas.

drjeff

Adult:

US: ME, NH, VT, RI, CT, MA, NY, PA, NJ, MD, VA, DC, DE, NC, SC, GA, FL, OH, IL, TX, CO, UT, OR, CA, NV, AZ, HI

Foreign: Canada, Mexico, Peru, Bermuda, England, Italy, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Lichenstein

2knees

Adult:

US: ME, NH, VT, RI, CT, MA, NY, PA, NJ, MD, VA, DC, DE, NC, SC, GA, FL, OH, IL, TX, CO, UT, OR, CA, NV, AZ, HI

Foreign: Canada, Mexico, Peru, Bermuda, England, Italy, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Lichenstein

and the bean counters come running....

mondeo

Few road trips in college (sorta own dime) to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, New Jersey.

Since graduating and being fully self supported, I've only made it to NY, VT, and MA on my own, add in ME and NH for work.

Now if you allow me childhood, the states I haven't been to are HI, AK, ND, GA, NC, SC, AL. Plus I've been to Vancouver in addition to the other Canadian locales listed above. Parents were never ones for the stay-in-one-place-for-a-week vacations. Added 8 states one vacation.

As a child I mainly travelled on the East coast..I went to Florida quite a bit to see Grandparents and Disney World and visited Nantucket, Niagara Falls, Toronto and Montreal. I never went anywhere..Out West before college.

In college I went to Whistler with my Dad and Crested Butte with an ex. I also went to London and LA. The summer before my senior year of college, I spent 3 weeks in Colorado with my Geology class all for $800 including airfare. I also went to Bermuda.

After I graduated from college I had a pretty good stretch of travel. I went to Europe and spent time in France, The Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland....I also visited Durango Colorado as it was a place I had considered moving to. I skied Jackson Hole for the first time and spent a summer living in Maine. Then I moved to Montana and I visited Santa Barbara while I was in MT.

I moved back from MT 5 years ago and have been to Jackson Hole several times, Hawaii, Boulder Colorado and in September I'm going back to Montana for a wedding. In the future I want to ski in Japan, South America and Europe and visit Vegas and ski more in Canada..

frozencorn

Not a lot of people I know that have even heard of ekoostik hookah, never mind travel overseas to see them. Nice.

US: MA, VT, NH, Maine, RI, Conn. NY, NJ, Delaware, DC, Virginia, Missouri, Florida, Penn. Colorado, Calif. Texas, Illinois, USVI

Foreign: Canada, Bahamas, BVI, Barbados, Mexico, Italy, Jamaica

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
All over New England and upstate NY.

FL, KY, SC (bleh).

Utah.

Eastern Canada (Montreal, Chic Chocs)

Semester in London.

2 weeks in China.

Hawaii.

I guess I'm pretty happy with that so far. Don't think I'd go back to China unless I had to.

gmcunni

excluding day/weekend trips in the general northeast + business travel:

virgin islands (honeymoon)
Bahamas (5 year anniversary)
California (flew in to SF, took week + drove to LA)
puerto rico (10 year anniversary)
Ixtapa Mexico
Jamaica/cayman island (cruise for 15 year anniversary)
Utah (a few ski trips, brother lives there)
Florida more times than i can count(dad lives there, take kids yearly, sometimes twice a year)
outer banks, NC (summer vacation for past few years)

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
BTW, i was thinking of this in terms of being the adult in charge, not where you went as a kid on your parents dime.

Based on that criteria I've never been outside of the NE. Even taking away the restirctions I've only been to Montana (family trip as an adult), Florida (as a kid), Antigua (sister's wedding), and DC (8th grade school trip). We drove into Canada once while on vacation in NH for the heck of it. I've barely ever been in ME...

campgottagopee

I'm a homebody so my list is short, been all over New England and Upstate NY (we rock by the way)---lived 1 yr in TX (don't ask) and for biz have been all over the U.S. for various meeeting etc.

Outside the U.S., Canada and Jamaica--that's it.

Can't wait to see DMC's list

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Based on that criteria I've never been outside of the NE. Even taking away the restirctions I've only been to Montana (family trip as an adult), Florida (as a kid), Antigua (sister's wedding), and DC (8th grade school trip). We drove into Canada once while on vacation in NH for the heck of it. I've barely ever been in ME...
I can add (kind of) 2. Of course, the Frisco, CO area last year to ski A-basin. And while I was a kid, I paid for my own school trip to Paris, France and the Loire Valley when I was 14. That was a lot of paper deliveries but I did it myself and my parents were not on the trip with me, AND I went to a bar (without the group chaperones!) while on the trip. ;) (Of course, it was legal there... but we weren't supposed to be drinking without the chaperones... and yes, my parents did actually have a permission slip to sign saying it was okay for me to essentially have wine with meals while on the trip, as long as a chaperone was supervising.)

MRGisevil

All over the East plus a trip to Colorado. Never been to the west aside from that. Never been to Disney.

International...Canada, England, Ireland, France + China on vacation. Lived in Japan for a year- foreign exchange. That's about it.

ctenidae

US: Just about every state from Arizona east

Foreign: Poland mulitplie times, China, France, England, Scotland (I know, not a country), Italy, Ecuador, Colombia (for about 30 minutes until we realized that travelling Ecuador to Colombia for a day and back to the US the next would subject us to additional scrutiny we didn't want).

dmc

US... All states except North and South Dakota... Alaska and Hawaii.. Actually roadtripping with ESKi this sumer to the Black Hills... psyched...

Canada
Germany
Austria
Switzerland
England
Sweden
Mexico
Brazil
Argentina
India
Kashmir
UAE(Dubai)
Taiwan
Japan
Korea
Barbados
St Thomas/St johns
Bermuda

Last edited:

playoutside

States:
AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IA, IN, KS, LA, ME, MD, MA, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
Skied in 11 states.

I don’t count any places that I just spent time in the airport or just drove through.
Missing 12 states, hope to add Alaska, Montana, and Idaho to my list in the next few years

Countries:
US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Greece, Japan, Philippines, Aruba, Grand Cayman
Skied in 5 countries.

Grassi21

States:
NY, CT, PA, NJ, MD, Alabama, Arkansas, FL, NC, GA, CA, AZ, MI, OH, VA, W VA

Countries:
Canada (Toronto and Vancouver), a number of islands like St Thomas and Aruba, Hong Kong, France

2knees

States:
NY, CT, PA, NJ, MD, Alabama, Arkansas, FL, NC, GA, CA, AZ, MI, OH, VA, W VA

Countries:
Canada (Toronto and Vancouver), a number of islands like St Thomas and Aruba, Hong Kong, France

like you've never been to Provincetown, MA.

who you kiddin?