• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

so where have you traveled?

dmc

I've skied 4 continents...

I don't think Africa is an option...
Hope to get to Australia/NZ to ride some day...

Greg

Staff member
not sure why i was thinking about this but i havent really gotten around much. A trip to Ireland, Hawaii, a couple of days in northern California and a week in the dominican pretty much sum up my real travels. I guess Florida too since i've been there a bunch of times but that doesnt really count in my book cause i'd rather go to the Cape or the Vineyard.

You've been a helluva lot more places than I have! I've been around the East coast from Maine to Virginia. Went to Florida once on a bus trip in high school. Been to the Bahamas. Also been to Detroit once. Yay! :-? So, yeah, I don't get around much. Going to Jamaica in September. Yah, mon! 8)

Grassi21

States:
NY, CT, PA, NJ, MD, Alabama, Arkansas, FL, NC, GA, CA, AZ, MI, OH, VA, W VA

Countries:
Canada (Toronto and Vancouver), a number of islands like St Thomas and Aruba, Hong Kong, France

I didnt know France was an island.

Is that easier to comprehend? ;-) I can't remember all the islands I have hit so I mentioned a couple.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Not a lot of people I know that have even heard of ekoostik hookah, never mind travel overseas to see them. Nice.

killer time and cheap $800 for airfare, six nights hostile accommodations and 3 hookah shows. We lucked out that SCI was there playing on one of Hookah's off nights.

About the only thing I miss about living in the mid-west is seeing hookah shows. Wish they'd travel to the Northeast sometime, but they don't.

dmc

killer time and cheap $800 for airfare, six nights hostile accommodations and 3 hookah shows. We lucked out that SCI was there playing on one of Hookah's off nights.

About the only thing I miss about living in the mid-west is seeing hookah shows. Wish they'd travel to the Northeast sometime, but they don't.

I got friends in Ohio that are sick about that band..

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com

Where did you stay that they were so hostile? Did they punch you in the face to wake you up in the morning or something?

:D

powhunter

Besides New England

Colorado
Nebraska
Utah
Iowa
Minnesota
California
Florida
St. Lucia

Germany
France
Austria
England

And The Safety Committee Capital of the World...Amsterdam :beer:

Steveo

Paul

New England, Mid-Atlantic, rest of the East Coast, TX, IL, MI, CA
Bahamas (Bimini 2x, Andros, Berry Is. Grand, San Salvador)
Grand Cayman 4x (or more, I forget) Cayman Brac, Little Cayman
Puerto Rico, Mona
Jamaica
Mexico (Q. Roo 2x) Cozumel
El Salvador
Belize
Honduras
Roatan
France

ERJ-145CA

France, Italy, The Netherlands, England, Israel

St. John's Newfoundland, Halifax, Moncton, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa

Mexico, St. Maarten, Nassau Bahamas

ME, NH, VT, NY, MA, CT, RI, NJ, PA, MD, DE, WV, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL, OH, IN, MI, KY, TN, AL, MS, LA, AR, MO, IL, WI, MN, IA, TX, OK, KS, NE, NM, UT, AZ, CA, PR, St. Thomas

All the Canadian cities and a lot of the U.S. states and Nassau were for my job.

Geoff

Canada a jillion times
Chile 5x
Cayman Islands 2x
Puerto Rico
US Virgin Islands
Australia 2x
New Zealand
Singapore
Hong Kong (under British rule)
Taiwan
South Korea
Japan
UK a couple dozen times. I worked half-time in Cambridge in the mid-80's.
Ireland 4 or 5 times
Sweden maybe 10 times
Netherlands maybe 5 times
Belgium (I used to have an office there)
France easily a dozen times
Spain 2x
Portugal
Italy 4x
Greece (just the island of Corfu)
Austria 3x
Switzerland 4x
Germany a dozen times
Czech Republic
Israel

Other than Prague, I've never been in anything formerly behind the iron curtain.

Somehow, I've never made it into Mexico even though I've been a few miles from the border several times.

In the US, I've never driven cross country so I have some gaping holes in places that do minimal tech business. Missing 'useful places' that have skiing : AK, WY, MT, ID. The other states I haven't gotten to: ND, SD, KS, IA, NE, WI, IN, OK, AR, MS, AL, WV, TN. I've connected in Portland, Oregon so I've technically been there.

In Canada, I'm missing a bunch of provinces. I've only been to BC, Ontario, Quebec, and Nova Scotia

Hawkshot99

map.php

mlctvt

US- 44 states. All of them except for Hawaii, Alaska, North Dakota, Louisiana, Mississippi and South Carolina. I really want to get to Alaska but it might have to wait until I retire.

Outside USA- Italy, Mexico, US and British Caribbean Islands, Curacao, Aruba, Honduras, Equator (mainland and the Galapagos islands), Canada (most provinces)

Canada a jillion times
Chile 5x
Cayman Islands 2x
Puerto Rico
US Virgin Islands
Australia 2x
New Zealand
Singapore
Hong Kong (under British rule)
Taiwan
South Korea
Japan
UK a couple dozen times. I worked half-time in Cambridge in the mid-80's.
Ireland 4 or 5 times
Sweden maybe 10 times
Netherlands maybe 5 times
Belgium (I used to have an office there)
France easily a dozen times
Spain 2x
Portugal
Italy 4x
Greece (just the island of Corfu)
Austria 3x
Switzerland 4x
Germany a dozen times
Czech Republic
Israel

Other than Prague, I've never been in anything formerly behind the iron curtain.

Somehow, I've never made it into Mexico even though I've been a few miles from the border several times.

In the US, I've never driven cross country so I have some gaping holes in places that do minimal tech business. Missing 'useful places' that have skiing : AK, WY, MT, ID. The other states I haven't gotten to: ND, SD, KS, IA, NE, WI, IN, OK, AR, MS, AL, WV, TN. I've connected in Portland, Oregon so I've technically been there.

In Canada, I'm missing a bunch of provinces. I've only been to BC, Ontario, Quebec, and Nova Scotia

winner winner chicken dinner but never to Jackson Hole or Montana..yikes..