• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Spring Forecast Looks Promising

dlague

yes.jpg

Wintry weather is forecast to hold longest across the the Great Lakes, Northeast and mid-Atlantic.

Cold air masses and a few snowstorms will continue to impact the regions as late as March before the winter season comes to an end.

A steady stream of warmth may not arrive for cities from Detroit to Boston and New York City until mid- to late spring.

"For the next six weeks in the Northeast, we're going to be dealing with some pretty good cold coming down out of northern Canada," AccuWeather.com Lead Long-Range Forecaster Paul Pastelok said.

"I still think there's going to be a few systems of significance before the winter season is over with."

Similarly, snow and shots of cold air will persist across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.

JDMRoma

When I saw Spring I was thinking Yuck But I could live with that forcast !

4aprice

Accuweather just doomed us.

Agree with your assessment of Accuweather but don't think we are doomed. JB has been saying the same thing. In the weather world December, January and February are considered winter so spring is only a month away. As long as I can ski through April I don't care what its called. March and April are my favorite times (and when I go the most) to ski so I'm looking forward to it.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

BenedictGomez

This is worth posting, via J.Bastardi.

This is projected snow depth, INTO APRIL!!!!

BhjrGr-CQAAYauF.jpg:large

BenedictGomez

Throw another sixteen days on the barbie (at least).

No end to cold weather in sight, so the snowpack isnt going ANYWHERE!

Barring a blowtorch, this could be one of those years where I get to plan a mid-April trip to n.VT.

BhvQU8gCQAQTSmp.png:large

hammer

Upside to the cold is that the snowpack will be preserved longer. Downside to the cold is that barring additional snow or a warmup to at least seasonable conditions the snowpack will be hardpack.

Wavewheeler

My daughter is coming home on March 15 for "Spring Break" and I told her that it looks like a ski trip is in the works if this cold weather keeps up. Who knows? Maybe a snowstorm too? One can only hope that these southern storms start going north there they SHOULD be. :snow: