• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe: 11-5-06

awf170

Oh, yes!

Some random guy coming down Nosedive.
IMG_0862.jpg

Bypass and Nosedive woods look nice (and they were).
IMG_0874.jpg

Steve and Marc
IMG_0882.jpg

Pretty mountain!
IMG_0885.jpg

Top of Gondi.
IMG_0886.jpg

Steve likes standing under snow guns.
IMG_0888.jpg

awf170

Steve slaying the "powder".
IMG_0894a.jpg

IMG_0899a.jpg

Mark is enjoying the views
IMG_0912a.jpg

Mark is not enjoying hiking in ski boots.
IMG_0915a.jpg

Steve likes the views from chin-clip.
IMG_0931a.jpg

Having some fun.
IMG_0936a.jpg

awf170

More fun on Chin-Clip.
IMG_0950a.jpg

Cool contrast.
IMG_0961a.jpg

Marc having fun near the bottom of Chin-Clip.
IMG_0976a.jpg

Steve on Chin-Clip.
IMG_0991a.jpg

" Oh, no! Where is he going to go?", thinks marc.
IMG_1001a.jpg

Mad steeze.
IMG_1002a-1.jpg

We also got some sweet grass skiing in near the bottom, but sadly no one got any pictures of it.

A very fun day. :-D :cool:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Jeez kid, you're fast. I think Steve mighta got one of the grass skiing at the very end of my runout.

Can't wait to see his pictures. Cool, cool day. Now I'm being corrupted into wanting a touring setup.

Damn you two!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
This looks like MIDSEASON skiing! Look at that base! Wow, I was in the wrong place yesterday....
funny thing is, that is the worst that the base has been in almost two weeks.:D

i have attached the grass skiing shots. folks, i kid you not that i am ready to ski over some rather sketchy stuff to eliminte a few extra yards of hiking. but never before have i been so out classed by a skiing partner in reduction of down climb. bravo marc! :spin: i shoud have the full selection of pics posted to my site within the next day or two. my favorite line from today was "damn, i wish it was still october!" damn fine day number six for me and 3rd day of the season skiing the trees, sweet. great meeting and earning some with you marc and a pleasure as always austin. nice shots, btw.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
the new connector lift has both stations installed and the haul rope has been hung but is still slack. i can't imagine it not being ready to go by the time they open spruce peak. hike up to snow making on nose dive was probably just over an hour, then of course another slog up cliff trail to cliff house, beats me, i already demonstrated once today that i am not good with time :lol:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Great skiing with Austin and Steve.

Steve, hope we can do it again sometime... maybe when I eat enough... and get some skins and touring stuff... and am not out of shape..... I won't be so slow...

:dunce:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Great skiing with Austin and Steve.

Steve, hope we can do it again sometime... maybe when I eat enough... and get some skins and touring stuff... and am not out of shape..... I won't be so slow...

:dunce:

What? You did not bring any animals (mountain goats) to carry your stuff up the mountain? C'mon Marc! You're slacking! :dunce: :wink: :lol:

cbcbd

Haha, had I only known... I decided late Sat that I was too ansy to wait any longer and headed up to Stowe Sat night and skied on Sunday, including Nosedive (excellent) and Chin Clip (awesome!). I'll post a trip report soon.
Up higher it was exactly like midseason base. The other side of the mountain is a little sketchy and they still have to groom a lot of it out and get more snow down.
Good times, I'll have to hook up with you guys sometime and be the straggler. :)

Last edited: