• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe or Okemo this weekend?

drjeff

+++

People who had to put down other’s preference are typically the kind who’s insecure of their own preferences. So they have to constantly justify theirs by crap on any different others have.

This is kind of like a "beer snob" who wouldn't be caught dead drinking something from brewery they consider inferior or a style they consider below them. I'd much rather have a beer with someone who loves say a cold bud light or PBR, because they love beer, rather than someone who wouldn't even think of drinking a bud light or PBR because of the stigma.

I'd rather ski with someone who just loves to be out on the hill, regardless of where that hill is or who owns it. Skiing/riding is such an incredible sport, let everyone enjoy it in the way that they best seem fit, and if that's not your style, well then to paraphrase as bit from what John Kimmich, the owner of The Alchemist brewery, so appropriately puts on each can "don't be a d-bag"

Smellytele

bud light is disgusting.

pbr is chill.

I unfortunately drank too much lager in my teens and 20’s and can not stand it anymore. On the other hand though if nothing else was available I would drink it. [emoji1598]
It isn’t what the can looks like it is the taste. I do give one friend shit for drinking bud light but that’s just because that’s what friends do.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

KustyTheKlown

i'd probably pass on having a beer over having a mass produced light beer like a bud light, coors light, miller light, etc. it's not snobbery, they are just gross and taste gross. plenty of light craft beers that i love (any pilsner from suarez, a lot of low abv table beers, etc). i'll have a bud heavy, coors banquet, etc, if there is nothing else available but i'd never choose it from a menu. maybe a bud heavy. sometimes it fits the bill (ex - at a sporting event where they have blue moon, bud light, and bud heavy, the bud heavy is the easy choice).

big_vert

I was wondering if the Cat Ride is worth the wait and $$. I have a friend of a Friend who lives in Summit County and has always shit on Keystone. It seems the farther you get away from the base area the better the skiing looks.

While I agree that the "trails" at Breck are kinda meh, there is some good stuff on Peak 10 and above tree line when its not a windblown mess. I don't need to defend A-Basin, it speaks for itself. Totally worth it to pay for in my opinion. I mean I bought a ticket and a bloody mary for $78!

Right - I think Copper is crap, but some like it. LOTS of terrain at Keystone, AND, if there's been recent snow, the Cat is DEFINATELY worth it. Trees off of Outback are a lot of fun. Bumps there too if that's your cup of tea.

Let me know what day the Peak 10 chair ISN'T a windblown mess. If you're an ardent east coast skier, it'll feel like home. If you traveled all that way to ski on real snow, then why bother?

skiur

i'd probably pass on having a beer over having a mass produced light beer like a bud light, coors light, miller light, etc. it's not snobbery, they are just gross and taste gross. plenty of light craft beers that i love (any pilsner from suarez, a lot of low abv table beers, etc). i'll have a bud heavy, coors banquet, etc, if there is nothing else available but i'd never choose it from a menu. maybe a bud heavy. sometimes it fits the bill (ex - at a sporting event where they have blue moon, bud light, and bud heavy, the bud heavy is the easy choice).

It's all situational, after mowing the lawn on a 90 degrees day, I want a Corona or Budweiser. I couldn't drink an IPA or dark ale in that situation. Sitting in front of a fire on a 5 degrees day, give me a a heavier beer.

Quietman

It's all situational, after mowing the lawn on a 90 degrees day, I want a Corona or Budweiser.

Or a PBR or Yuengling! I also drive 3 hours to Maine to our cabin near SR, and if the snow is good, will ski Mt Abram or Black Mtn of ME before shelling out $100+ for SR. Give me trails with twists and turns, so tired of skiing straight boulevards.