• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush - 1/18/2008

2knees

well played guys. great video. really glad i missed it now. yeah right.....

Greg

Staff member
A few additional thoughts...

I have to admit, my legs are sore this morning. We skied really hard! But it feels great when I think of the quality ski experience we had yesterday.

I normally don't have any stiffness in the middle of the season, but my legs were tight on Saturday too! I walked around like a zombie for much of the morning...

Thanks for doing that Greg...Looked great! You can still hear that ice even through the music. Sweet day!!

That was a result of Brian and Jeff's suggestion. Leaving some of the scraping sound in there might help explain some of the flailing we did from time to time... :lol:

well played guys. great video. really glad i missed it now. yeah right.....

Jeff thought I was particularly evil when I tried to call you from the Castlerock chair!

Excellent video Greg! Great choice of tunes to go with that footage. That was a great day!

wow, great job!

Thanks guys. Sorry it took a few days to get it done, but the weekend was hectic and I wanted to try to do the day justice. I'm happy with it. Thanks again Brian for the additional footage. I particularly liked the first shot on the Gatehouse chair of Win and me. I had a ton of great footage to work with and I don't think the video shoots slowed the day down too much. There's footage there from the key trails; Spillsville, Middle Earth, Moonshine, Paradise and The Mall.

Some additional thoughts from the day. Win Smith is a helluva skier. He jammed on Birches and Lower Morning Star and had to wait at the bottom for the rest of us to hack our way down! :oops: On a few runs we were joined by a 72 year old fellow that totally ripped. That was cool. The food at Gatehouse was great. Typical ski resort pricing, but very tasty so I was happy to pay it.

What a great day. :spin:

RIDEr

Website
www.hobokenskiclub.com
Just spent the MLK weekend at the Bush... first time visit and loved the place!... they did a fantastic job maintaining the snow coverage throughout the mountain... Sunday truly turned out to be the best day based upon Stein's having their snow guns on from dawn to dusk.... btw, great video Greg! Not too much video from Heaven's Gate Lift?

bvibert

Staff member
Ok, tough to see the difference between Paradise with a few runs on Castle Rock. Did you guys make it up to the church? My view from Heavens Gate was pretty sketchy...

No OB for this group, not this trip anyway.... ;) It did look, uh.. interesting from the lift...

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I finally loaded the pics from this trip:
SugarbushJan182008004.jpg

SugarbushJan182008003.jpg

SugarbushJan182008004.jpg

SugarbushJan182008006.jpg

SugarbushJan182008007.jpg

SugarbushJan182008008.jpg

SugarbushJan182008009.jpg

SugarbushJan182008011.jpg

SugarbushJan182008012.jpg
SugarbushJan182008014.jpg

Greg

Staff member
Awesome shots, Dave. Thanks for posting those. Middle Earth is a great trail...