• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush Lift Fail: Feb. 2014 Edition

thetrailboss

Staff member
Just heard from a (very angry) friend that Bravo is down....on a Saturday and in primo conditions. "Maintenance Delay" is what they are saying :(

Xcreamus

Yeah. It has been on "Delay" since Wednesday. They hope to have it running, soon.

Hope it is ready for the holiday crowd. Depends on how long they "delay" its opening.

Does this count against the integrity value? :dontknow:

steamboat1

Someone who lives there wrote this week:

"Big question today is if the chairs will break down again. Bravo was down before noon and then Valley House crapped at 1, Northridge also broke in the middle of the day. Turning into a junk show around here."

thetrailboss

Staff member
Someone who lives there wrote this week:

"Big question today is if the chairs will break down again. Bravo was down before noon and then Valley House crapped at 1, Northridge also broke in the middle of the day. Turning into a junk show around here."

wow!

Plowboy

CR is open for hiking from HG.. ME lot is full to cap and the Summit chair goes down. Inverness chair is closed for racing. Bravo chair is still down. I will have to admit it is a shitshow today!!!!!

steamboat1

CR is open for hiking from HG..
So why do they say in the same conditions report that the Castlerock chair is closed because it needs more snow yet the trails are listed as open? I thought this was a ski area, you know snow, not a rock climbing area.

God forbid they get a puff of wind. The lifts that are running will be put on wind hold. Happens all to frequently at Sugarbush while other mountains don't seem to have an issue.

Also they had qualifying today for the Jr. Castlerock Challenge. The qualifying runs were not taken at Castlerock (lower Birdland).

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
CR is open for hiking from HG.. ME lot is full to cap and the Summit chair goes down. Inverness chair is closed for racing. Bravo chair is still down. I will have to admit it is a shitshow today!!!!!

Now Summit is down?! :blink: WTF?

thetrailboss

Staff member
So why do they say in the same conditions report that the Castlerock chair is closed because it needs more snow yet the trails are listed as open? I thought this was a ski area, you know snow, not a rock climbing area.

God forbid they get a puff of wind. The lifts that are running will be put on wind hold. Happens all to frequently at Sugarbush while other mountains don't seem to have an issue.

Also they had qualifying today for the Jr. Castlerock Challenge. The qualifying runs were not taken at Castlerock (lower Birdland).

In my years there, they did have A LOT of windholds. And I also think it is kind of lame to add CR trails to the open list if the lift is not running.

Euler

Holy crap...AZ is usually a love vest for Sugarbush and Winn Smith...what's going on up there?

WWF-VT

The Inverness trail was closed for racing. The Inverness chair was open Brambles, Semi-Tough and Walt's trail were all open. Early laps on Brambles and Semi Tough were some of the best natural snow runs this season.

WWF-VT

So where did you ski today?

steamboat1

So where did you ski today?

For the most part I don't ski weekends. I'll be up for several days during the week since you care so much. Might even ski Sugarbush if my friend who works there is not working his other job. I've already skied the Bush twice this season. Doesn't mean I can't call them out on their BS.

jimmywilson69

So are the lifts fixed and will they operate tomorrow? Got a group of 55 that is scheduled to ski there tomorrow.

Any local help.is appreciated.

sent from AlpineZone Mobile App

Madroch

Been here since thirs- disaster....bravo down most of thirs had Ellen busy, north ridge went down for a while-- skied Lincoln Friday- bravo went down again, gatehouse was mobbed- valley slow to start due to issues- huge line - except for heavens gate if you could get there-- today bravo down again Ellen was a madhouse- missed the summit chair going down- must have been waiting in line for something somewhere-

thetrailboss

Staff member
Been here since thirs- disaster....bravo down most of thirs had Ellen busy, north ridge went down for a while-- skied Lincoln Friday- bravo went down again, gatehouse was mobbed- valley slow to start due to issues- huge line - except for heavens gate if you could get there-- today bravo down again Ellen was a madhouse- missed the summit chair going down- must have been waiting in line for something somewhere-

That is just nuts. One lift is bad enough; half the mountain is inexcusable