• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf making snow

Vortex

Sr Played their hand, snow making tonight and tomorrow night on Barker. Going to Weekends only after Sunday.

This is the last weekend for Jordan, Aurora and North Peak and South Ridge.

Next weekend will be Spruce, Barker and White heat chairs. The 23rd and 24th will be Barker and white heat.

30th of April and May first Barker.

Could not be more impressed or happier.

chuckstah

Sr Played their hand, snow making tonight and tomorrow night on Barker. Going to Weekends only after Sunday.

This is the last weekend for Jordan, Aurora and North Peak and South Ridge.

Next weekend will be Spruce, Barker and White heat chairs. The 23rd and 24th will be Barker and white heat.

30th of April and May first Barker.

Could not be more impressed or happier.

Didn't like hearing weekends only, but hearing that midweek passes will be valid weekends 4/10 on softened the blow a bit. Plan to be there next few days.

chuckstah

Try as they will but I know who'll be the last man standing.

I hope K makes May 15 or longer. I like having the SS option for as long as possible. But for now I'll take the 70 plus trails and fresh snow making at SR.

machski

As much as I wish they would try, they're not trying to make it past May 1. Just not enough business.

K may be the last resort open at the end. But I would not give them extra credit this season or say they are trying to make it. Sure, they stacked SS to more or less the same depth they have the last several seasons in a crappy year. But did they extend their snowmaking season after a very warm stretch in March. Nope (I don't call a few guns on spot areas extending their snowmaking season. THAT effort was marketing snow. Making on an entire trail(s) with every gun on it, that is actual snowmaking and recoverage. I hope their plan works out, but they have been on fumes with the weather to make May since March 1. SR and SL plan is different than K, they want a decent amount of terrain to their planned close rather than 1 or 2 routes. Its fine, but not really an apples to apples comparisson.

Newpylong

If I had a horse in the race I would take the # of acres SR will have until the end vs the WROD that K will have.

jaybird

K WILL be the last resort open at the end. (fixed for you)

Snowmaking at the Loaf is mandatory this year. They badly need the Reggae fest.
If SR closed their lame terrain, their gaper patrons would abandon them entirely.

K received natural snow last few days. Sugarloaf and Hokey Place got nothing.
The Superstar experience on a sunny late spring day beats anything Maine can offer.

World Cup Event on Superstar will only be 6 months after this season's closing date. :)

FACT not Opinion.

JimG.

Staff member
Sucks that the stupid king of spring conversation has to start so early this season.

deadheadskier

Staff member
If SR closed their lame terrain, their gaper patrons would abandon them entirely.

The Superstar experience on a sunny late spring day beats anything Maine can offer.

World Cup Event on Superstar will only be 6 months after this season's closing date. :)

FACT not Opinion.

Reading posts by some of the K fanboys like yourself reminds me of the locker room during my HS football days

Yay!!! B-E-A-S-T Beast! Beast! Beast! Yay!!!

Jully

FACT not Opinion.

Wow this went downhill fast.

Edd

I don't agree regarding the terrain at SR or the patrons being gapers. What's Hokey Place?

snoseek

Why do killington people always show up in threads like this and shit on other areas. Noone really cares. All youre doing is living up to a stereotype and a lame one at that.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

snoseek

Also ive met some really fucking awesome skiers and equally awesome people skiing over in maine.

I prefer vermont but maine is a special place to me.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Vortex

Glad Black Hole and Vortex are in he mix this weekend. White Heat and shockwave till the 24th. Every year opening and closing threads have some Bias. Positive bias is better.

Last edited:

VTKilarney

It takes a Killington fanboy could think that Maine skiers are all gapers. Do they also believe that gapers don't ski Killington? And who cares if other people are gapers? Do what you like to do and get hung up on what other people want to do.