• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River, 11-20-22

Granite1

Great coverage top to bottom-edge to edge on all their open terrain. Everything up top was groomed. Everything from midway down ungroomed. Under the guns top to bottom on Right Stuff was really good-see photos. No lift lines, snowed about an inch in the morning making things even better.

Attachments

• IMG_8091.JPG
    IMG_8091.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8092.JPG
    IMG_8092.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8093.JPG
    IMG_8093.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8094.JPG
    IMG_8094.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 29

machski

Mach are any homes built on MH yet?
Not sure if any are completed but there are several I can see in various stages of build. Thought I heard at least one would be finished for this season.
Should be adding Lazy/Lower Risky/Tourist Trap tomorrow for another TTB run. Spruce by the Holiday weekend for sure and possibly Broadway in South Ridge likely just off the SRX. Impressive firepower on Spruce, not sure I've seen all of Risky and all of AmEx lit simultaneously before.

I should add, the homes going up on MH, while you can see something there, non seem to gaudy and sticking out. They all seem to blend into the Ridgeline and terrain there which is very nice.

Newpylong

Nice, I was wondering if the MH trail complex would be idle this year or if there was sufficient real estate built to warrant the snowmaking and operation of the lift.

My friend (who built the new booster station and associated distribution on Spruce) said prior to this year they could not do both Amex and Risky simultaneously. So that jives with what you're seeing.

thebigo

Not sure if any are completed but there are several I can see in various stages of build. Thought I heard at least one would be finished for this season.
Should be adding Lazy/Lower Risky/Tourist Trap tomorrow for another TTB run. Spruce by the Holiday weekend for sure and possibly Broadway in South Ridge likely just off the SRX. Impressive firepower on Spruce, not sure I've seen all of Risky and all of AmEx lit simultaneously before.

I should add, the homes going up on MH, while you can see something there, non seem to gaudy and sticking out. They all seem to blend into the Ridgeline and terrain there which is very nice.
any idea if they are going to push out the lazy river route tonight or leave the whales? Trying to decide between loon and SR with a five year old tomorrow.

How was cascades? Is it easily edgeable?