• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown 3/21/10 - Closing day

bvibert

Staff member
Met up with a good sized crew for my final Sundown rip of the season. I had to keep it short due to other obligations, I wish I could have stayed longer but I still had a ton of fun! The course seemed even nicer than yesterday, I don't think it got very cold last night.

Great to get out and hit them one more time, good skiing with all you guys again. :beer:

powhunter

Great day out there today!!!! Bumps were friggen awesome! Bluebird and close to 70 degrees... In attendance:

Bvibert
o3jeff
MadRiverJack
MadRiverFrank
JonnyPoach
Greg
Mondeo
Jack97
BeastEd
Spectrecky
Chris-Mo

Think I got everyone....BeastEd and the Mogulskiing.net crew were destoying it!!! JP was doing some monster Daffys...Mondeo had some nice airs, crashed on a heli..Hope your all right bro!!!! Was hoping for another weekend, but Chris was in the LL shaking everyones hand saying "see ya next year" Anyways if it was the last day, It was Rad!! thanks again Sundow for a great job this year!!

Steveo

Greg

Staff member
I was the last AZer down Gunny for the season. Ended it with a daffy off the bottom air and into the impromptu pond skim at the bottom. Sad it's over but a great final weekend !

2knees

hard to believe its gone. glad i did push it to get out those afternoons the past 2 weeks. Gunny season was far too short this year....but it was spectacular.

Greg

Staff member
My last run of the sundown season:

24264_1407047582702_1427801259_31110479_4236618_n.jpg

Awesome day. Got in 2 solid hours from 3-5 pm. It was perfect and just enough. skied one run with powhunter, a bunch with johnnypoach and many with Beast_ed, madriverfrank, madriver jack, and jack97. Last few runs were solo and I was feeling pretty melancholy. I really love that little hill.

Awesome to finally meet Beast_ed. Really cool guy and an incredible skier. He lives and breaths mogul skiing. Next year, enter the comp. It would be yours to lose. Thanks for coming down to support our little hill (Jack97 too). The biggest props go to madriverjack and frank though. They made little ole Sundown a destination for a three-day ski weekend. That is effin' cool as hell.

See you next year!

jack97

Yeah I feel kinda of sad that it was the last day but what kept me happy on my drive home was those sweet bumps we had all afternoon. It was great rippin with the crew today and even the other locals (sorry but lost track of their names) who tagged along with us.

I look forward, maybe dreaming about it till next season.

bvibert

Staff member

Awesome day. Got in 2 solid hours from 3-5 pm. It was perfect and just enough. skied one run with powhunter, a bunch with johnnypoach and many with Beast_ed, madriverfrank, madriver jack, and jack97. Last few runs were solo and I was feeling pretty melancholy. I really love that little hill.

Awesome to finally meet Beast_ed. Really cool guy and an incredible skier. He lives and breaths mogul skiing. Next year, enter the comp. It would be yours to lose. Thanks for coming down to support our little hill (Jack97 too). The biggest props go to madriverjack and frank though. They made little ole Sundown a destination for a three-day ski weekend. That is effin' cool as hell.

See you next year!

Glad you were able to make it out after all! It really was a great day to end the Sundown season. Now I just need to remember that it's not the end of the ski season...

Website
maps.google.com

See you next year!

dont forget i skied 3 out of 4 days at your institution8)8) wed, fri & sat:wink::wink:....my body is shot....

bvibert

Staff member
Are they anticipating not having snow next weekend?

I think it's a combo of rapidly diminishing snow levels and lack of customers. The bumps are in great shape, but other parts of the mountain need some work. It's been way too warm here the last few weeks...

deadheadskier

Staff member
not just down there. The base at Stowe today was the lowest I'd ever seen it for this time of March in my 15 years going there.

johnnypoach

hi,alpinezoners.
today was the best day ever at sundown.mashedpotatos mogels and kickers were perfict,along with the perfict weather was epic! may second is closing day killington,hope to see uall their. ps ski fast ski hard jump high and party hardy.it was great to see every one this weekend. congrats to Allen in bumpoff. thankyou mad r jack and frank for skies. hi powhunter how is the back? thankyou gregg for everything. your friend johnny poach.

2knees

hi,alpinezoners.
today was the best day ever at sundown.mashedpotatos mogels and kickers were perfict,along with the perfict weather was epic! may second is closing day killington,hope to see uall their. ps ski fast ski hard jump high and party hardy.it was great to see every one this weekend. congrats to Allen in bumpoff. thankyou mad r jack and frank for skies. hi powhunter how is the back? thankyou gregg for everything. your friend johnny poach.

YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!! JP what's up bitch

2knees

nice vid bstead. wish i could've made it out today but it wouldnt have gone over very well in my house.

Jack, Frank and BB, glad you guys got out here multiple times before it ended. Perfect weather for 5 straight days. If they were open tomorrow, i'd be calling in sick in a heartbeat.

MrMagic

nice vid bstead. wish i could've made it out today but it wouldnt have gone over very well in my house.

Jack, Frank and BB, glad you guys got out here multiple times before it ended. Perfect weather for 5 straight days. If they were open tomorrow, i'd be calling in sick in a heartbeat.

it was pretty funny at the comp everytime you came down the course there was jarred said something about you calling out sick from work ha ha

powhunter

hi,alpinezoners.

Yo JonnyPost lol