• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown 3/21/10 - Closing day

Madroch

Bummed I missed the last day... sounds like it was another fine one, but had a day full of family stuff. But, its kinda like being on the beach on a beautiful labor day-- bitter sweet-- happy to get the last of the season's goods but sad that its over. Greg's Gunny pic really brought that home-- nice shot, all we need are some accompanying bagpipes...

Hoping for a trip or two up north in the coming weeks and to maybe run into some familiar faces- if not- Til next season-

snafu

Made it out Sunday for only my second time this season(tweaked my ankle) but it was definitely a good day to be out riding. Only did a couple hours toward the end of the day but it was a blast, especially the pond skimming at the end. Hell, the only way to get off the mountain was to pond skim or swim at that point. Good day.8)

Glenn

Damn, I missed another season there. I suck @ skiing in CT. :lol:

gmcunni

i'm still in denial. . . .

ss_webcam_3-24-10.JPG

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
i'm still in denial. . . .

Wow. Amazing how good it still looks. I was in the middle of sending a PM to Chris and Jarrod when you posted that. Part of it:

I understand that it might not be looked at as a "quality product" by some and opening without terrain for all abilities is not your usual MO, but mogul nuts will happily walk to get to terrain if need be, and can deal with limited services. Stick enough snow at the top just to unload, try to piece a path to the bottom of lift 2, skeleton crew at the base (no food service), and open from noon-5 pm the final weekend, and you'd make a lot of mogul skiers very happy.

gmcunni

Wow. Amazing how good it still looks. I was in the middle of sending a PM to Chris and Jarrod when you posted that. Part of it:

supposed to be sunny and close to 50 down this way on Sunday.. i'd go, heck, i'd even pay to ski there, if the weather is as predicted.

but alas, i'm just having a hard time letting go (i always do). I'm not sad that it is over, i'm happy to have had a great season.

my apologies in advance as i'll probably moan an groan a bit more. After this weekend i'll be able to let go and move on.

Greg

Staff member
but alas, i'm just having a hard time letting go (i always do). I'm not sad that it is over, i'm happy to have had a great season.

Agreed. It was a great season, especially March. Next year, I'm going to forgo Novemeber and December vacation days and save them for Gunny spring skiing. I say that every year though....

gmcunni

but if they crank up the lifts in April for the meatheads to film on stinger and there is still snow on GB they better extend an invite to season pass holders to come back out for 1 last hoorah!! ;-)

"they better" = wouldn't it be nice if . . . .

Madroch

I'd pay to ski Gunny this weekend.... Can't seem to let go....

Madroch

Yellow lift is too far gone- crank up the other, move a little snow-- offer gunny only noon to 5-- 25 a ticket for all-- I'm in.