• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump Clinic Wed March 18th

2knees

from my admittedly limited knowledge and skill base comes the following....

Straightlining bumps, with no edge set or turn initiation at all, is very simple and easy to do with small bumps on a flat pitch. straightlining can be done anywhere, just the consequences dramatically increase with the pitch and size of the run and bumps. the bottom of gunbarrel almost requires straightlining. powbmps vid from sunday shows it over and over.

I think what you guys really want to get at is deflection in real bumps with at least some pitch. straightlining in those instances lead to horrific crashes. the money line on the skiers right is the perfect place for it. ski higher up the troughs and deflect your tips from one face to the next. Its not hopping per se, but you arent really coming into contact with the full trough. this takes more of the angle out of it and dramatically increases speed. you just have to get used to the feeling of not following the troughs in their entirety, plus the speed that comes with it.

I think, and not to sound overly confident in my ability cause i know i'm a hack, but i think the vid of me in the credits from yesterday shows this pretty well. I asked him for a copy of that in its raw footage cause i wanted to see what was going on there but its a decent example of it anyway.

Greg

Staff member
Yikes. Okay, finally this is all coming together. Let's aim to meet in the base lodge near the guest services desk at 4 pm. If you're going to be late, just look for us on Gunny.