• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Table Squatters

Cheese

How many skiers are there at a resort on any given day?

How many tables are there in the lodge on any given day?

Why don't people understand that tables need to be time SHARED throughout the day by all guest instead of selfishly reserved by a table squatter from 8-4 just so his/her group will have a place to sit for their 60 minute lunch.

:angry:

bdfreetuna

I just use it as an excuse to see where some cute girls are sitting and ask if I may take this seat.

It sucks when you go in for lunch or a break and the lodge is completely full but I never have a problem being that guy who makes room for himself.

spiderpig

I have found the worst offenders at Mohawk Mountain. It sounds counterintuitive because it's a small family mountain, but that's exactly what makes it happen. One person holds a six-chair table all day. The worst is coming in to change out of my ski boots around 1:00 and not being able to sit in an empty seat for ten minutes.

JimG.

Staff member
I just grab a seat...let them tell me to get up and I'll just say sure, as soon as your spouse/family/friend comes. That pretty much ends the conversation.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I just grab a seat...let them tell me to get up and I'll just say sure, as soon as your spouse/family/friend comes. That pretty much ends the conversation.

:lol:

Where was this happening, Cheese?I've seen this at Mount Ellen, Cannon, and during race days at Mid-​Burke.

SkiFanE

12/31 Sunday river, Barker Lodge, 8:30am. Woman and guy placed tablecloth across entire big table. Couldn't believe it. I stared at them in disbelief. They were pass holders too, not day tripper race parents.

I def have no shame in forcing myself into any open table spot, squatters too. Ultimate rudeness, but what else can you expect from your fellow humans.

abc

I def have no shame in forcing myself into any open table spot, squatters too. Ultimate rudeness, but what else can you expect from your fellow humans.
That's not rudeness. You're just doing as the table squatters do.

"When in Rome, do as Romens do". If they're rude enough to table squat, you shouldn't feel ashame to be equally rude and take a spot from them.

skiNEwhere

I usually eat lunch before 11am or after 1pm, so this isn't really a problem. That way I can ski when the lift lines are shorter too

Mpdsnowman

Now you know why I live out of my van in the parking lol. I can eat in my van, I can get dressed in my van. I keep all my personals like street boots, jackets, boot bags etc...in my van lol. can listen to music and relax in my van. I can do anything! and its great I love living in my van. No squatter issues (except myself because I have been known to sleep overnight...in my van lol)

406009_2639738810630_920939779_n.jpg

But for me it is alot easier...

Huck_It_Baby

Now you know why I live out of my van in the parking lol. I can eat in my van, I can get dressed in my van. I keep all my personals like street boots, jackets, boot bags etc...in my van lol. can listen to music and relax in my van. I can do anything! and its great I love living in my van. No squatter issues (except myself because I have been known to sleep overnight...in my van lol)

406009_2639738810630_920939779_n.jpg

+1

I operate out of my trusty Subaru. Lunch time in lodges is the absolute worst. Best to keep skiing through lunch hours anyway.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com

Do you park it down by the river?

BenedictGomez

12/31 Sunday river, Barker Lodge, 8:30am. Woman and guy placed tablecloth across entire big table. Couldn't believe it. I stared at them in disbelief. They were pass holders too, not day tripper race parents.

That's absolutely outrageous. Hopefully management took care of that.

dmc

I'd still sit down if there was an empty seat

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

If their is stuff at the table I just move it. At local hill everyone has enough room for stuff so it is never a.problem. This is one great thing about Mountsnow is free bag check so stuff isn't all.over the tables.:)