• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tell me about Cranmore

4aprice

The date of the Eastern High School Championships this year is March 7,8, and 9 at Attitash/Bear Peak. I going on the assumption (hoping I'm not getting ahead of myself here) the boy will be attending again this year. The first day is usually a practice day where the coaches work with the teams so there is no actual race and no need for us as parents to stay on the same mountain. Last year the event was at Cannon and "practice Friday" (I'll call it) we went to Loon for the day. Yes I know Wildcat is there but I've skied it many times before but I've never been to Cranmore (Black either but more interested in Cranmore this trip). I'm a history buff and Cranmore is history city having been around forever. Of course I will regret never having been able to ride the Skimobile but the map looks decent and I look forward to checking it out.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Smellytele

While there are blacks on the face my favorite trails are the blues skiers right off the top. I like the glades over there as well. Skiers left is fun as well toward the newer triple lift. There are some good views toward Mt Washington off the top and stop in at the Meister hut as well at the top

Farleyman

That place is awesome mid week, fast quad to the top an the crowds arnt too bad, weekends can be a little hairy do to the small size. Went there Friday 27th and skied untouched powder till 230 in the afternoon, great bars in the area too. Delaney's, red parka and of course Shannon door are some of my favorite pubs in ski country ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1392222674.526194.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1392222674.526194.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1392222674.526194.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 57

dlague

I have never been primarily due to the fact that they generally only offer deals mid week. Since many friends that are pretty good skiers refer to it as Cranless - I have developed the POV that it is not worth taking a vacation day for! I also got the impression from others that it can get pretty crazy on weekends. If I ever get a comp or can ski it for half price then maybe I would go just for fun.

Edd

While there are blacks on the face my favorite trails are the blues skiers right off the top. I like the glades over there as well. Skiers left is fun as well toward the newer triple lift. There are some good views toward Mt Washington off the top and stop in at the Meister hut as well at the top

Ditto. Some good winding, narrow trails over there.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

bobbutts

Hoping to get there and also black for the first time this year too. I've ridden up in the summer, so I'm aware that it's not huge or especially steep. Still looks worthy of a day or night trip.

urungus

Any recommendations for widely spaced tree runs at Cranmore, they have nine gladed areas (all currently closed) listed on their trail report. Don’t care about steepness but would prefer to avoid super tight trees. Any other advice about Cranmore appreciated.

5578D0FD-1673-4B01-95FD-4249D0F53618.jpeg

21C2324D-A417-4D01-883E-8B56B938B418.jpeg

pinion

All the trees are pretty wide open. Black Forest to Treemeister is the longest tree runs you’ll get there. Jug Handle into Pipeline is my personal fav but it’s over real quick.

IMO great little mountain with a boatload of history. Those northside trails - especially Kandahar - are fun New England trails. Schneider to Artist Falls off the backside also great. Koessler was better when they left it bumped up but even groomed can be fun due to the pitch. Ledges is worth heading down both for the pitch and the view