• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tenney Mountain to open this year

orsonab

Anybody seen any activity here or snowmaking? Their website has no specific opening date mentioned....

millerm277

Bump, their website was updated today with this:

The chairs begin to go on the Hornet Double today, and snowmaking is still moving ahead full force to get you some great terrain for Saturday. We are planning to open with skiing and riding off the triple chair--details by the end of the week.

Our cafeteria is still under construction and will be very limited for our first week of operation. Bag lunches are recommended.

We are currently accepting applications for PT/FT retail and food & beverage help. Also PT office/ticket help. See our jobs page for information on how to apply.

Thanks to all who could make it to our re-opening party on December 1st--we hope you enjoyed the show!

millerm277

Tenney is open according to their website. Basically 1 run off of the triple, and the beginner area.

thetrailboss

Staff member
This is not looking good for them....not looking good at all....who puts off getting the main chairlift ready until the middle of December?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
We have received a lot of snow in the Ashland/Plymouth area. I am surprised they are only going with one run off the triple. Probably not enough snow to groom out without some snow making (don't know if they have done any, sounds doubtful though), but they should be able to open some blue squares with natural snow only based on the snow we have here at my home in Ashland and at work in Plymouth. I was considering a dawn patrol of Tenney tomorrow morning, but I don't know if I have the leg or if I can summon up a 5am alarm clock. Probably not. If I go I will report back but I am not feeling it right now.

thetrailboss

Staff member
We have received a lot of snow in the Ashland/Plymouth area. I am surprised they are only going with one run off the triple. Probably not enough snow to groom out without some snow making (don't know if they have done any, sounds doubtful though), but they should be able to open some blue squares with natural snow only based on the snow we have here at my home in Ashland and at work in Plymouth. I was considering a dawn patrol of Tenney tomorrow morning, but I don't know if I have the leg or if I can summon up a 5am alarm clock. Probably not. If I go I will report back but I am not feeling it right now.

If you go, let us know what they are doing. I think they are really struggling....which is sad.