• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The AlpineZone Battle Royal

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
mmm.... mashed potatoes :)

Here's one for you bumpers:

P3070223.JPG

snoseek

mmm.... mashed potatoes :)

Here's one for you bumpers:

P3070223.JPG

Where is that shot taken?

powdery bumps are pretty fun cause you don't really have to make all those dumb little turns.

jack97

Uh-oh, I'm getting some drool.......

Wait, I'm suppose to be in the shock stage transitioning to the denial stage.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
yeah yeah yeah. You can ass-ume all you want. I'll ass-ume that you super gnar kitchen wall pro freeskiers gape the snot out of even the most mellow bump runs. Skis flailing, head bobbing, cant stay in a line blah blah blah.
Funny thing is most BCers are almost always excellent bump skiers. Check out the percentage of skiers at places like MRG, Stowe, Smuggs, Jay, etc. that are into backcountry and have either AT or tele bindings ripping up bumps. Maybe not zipper line masters, but every BC skier I know is far superior to the average bump skier in moguls.

Simply put, every BC'er can bump but not every bumper can BC.

2knees

Funny thing is most BCers are almost always excellent bump skiers. Check out the percentage of skiers at places like MRG, Stowe, Smuggs, Jay, etc. that are into backcountry and have either AT or tele bindings ripping up bumps. Maybe not zipper line masters, but every BC skier I know is far superior to the average bump skier in moguls.

sure.

mondeo

Yeah but the trail is mowed flat most of the time in the winter and spring at killington....well you know
I didn't see it mowed flat once this year. Even after crap hit, they kept 5-6 lines to skiers right untouched.

I've yet to see a tele skier actually ski the fall line on O.L. Can't say anything about the places you listed.

I'll also say that there's a difference between a mogul skier and a good skier who skis moguls, a big one. At any given time, maybe 10-15% of the people on O.L. are actually bump skiers, less after powder or grooming.

snoseek

I didn't see it mowed flat once this year. Even after crap hit, they kept 5-6 lines to skiers right untouched.

I've yet to see a tele skier actually ski the fall line on O.L. Can't say anything about the places you listed.

I'll also say that there's a difference between a mogul skier and a good skier who skis moguls, a big one. At any given time, maybe 10-15% of the people on O.L. are actually bump skiers, less after powder or grooming.

Alot of good tele skiers to the north. Besides AT rigs are becoming much more common and have no disadvanteges to skiing bumps vs. regular bindings. Most bc skiers can ski bumps with 90+ mm skis-not the skinny little bumps skis that do nothing else.

I'm trying like hell here...

2knees

That looks so sweet....Then you jump in and hit rock hard bumps with a thin top coat....Did a ton of that this year :-x

yeah, that can be brutal as well as potentially dangerous if your moving fast enough.

I think andys pic is from utah which probably eliminates the thin topcoat problem and the rock hard bump problem so symptomatic of the east coast.

mondeo

Alot of good tele skiers to the north. Besides AT rigs are becoming much more common and have no disadvanteges to skiing bumps vs. regular bindings. Most bc skiers can ski bumps with 90+ mm skis-not the skinny little bumps skis that do nothing else.

I'm trying like hell here...

Can you use Dalbello Kryptons or Full Tilts with them? Do they have the elasticity of the Look PX12? What about weight?

And I think BMM proved that bump skis can do more than just bumps. It just takes skill that turn earners just don't have. I can ski bumps with wider skis too, I just prefer not too; why would I?

Yeah, really. Time to see the carvers vs. the snowboarders...

Snowboarders...haha..yeah right..hopping around like rabbits and sitting in packs in the middle of the trails..Always needing the outside seat on the chairlift..asking to be pulled with my pole..shredding the gnar gnar..the great white wave..