• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The demage?

abc

Just browsing resort status, "loose/frozen granular" which is to be expected. Surprisingly, most mountains are still showing majority runs open.

Down here, it rained fairly heavy for a while but not as heavy as predicted. So I'm wondering what the reality is up the mountains. Did it rain much? How much melting?

Any wild guess on how the slope will look like by Saturday? Frozen solid or will the groomer be able to work any magic?

Or maybe still too early to tell?

ScottySkis

I don't think it will be anytime like the greatness of platty. Probably crystalizesd and flat I guess. Hopefully we get more snowy or sun and low 40s for temperatures.

fbrissette

It'll stay bad until the next significant snow accumulation. As mentioned above, if you like icy groomers you'll find some satisfaction, but for the rest of us, it'll suck big time.

hammer

Unless we get another significant snowfall it's spring skiing mode...just need to wait for the warm and sunny days.

dmc

There's a couple bare spots at Hunter but they got groomed out..
Snowed a bit last night in the Catskills...More on the way next week..

4aprice

I understand it snowed a little bit up on the Green Mountain spine yesterday and overnight.(we had snow shower here in NNJ) Not alot but should mix in with the surface and help. Like DMC says there's supposedly more in the pipeline, maybe before the weekend. Woods maybe out of play and the bumps a little solid but I think the weekend will be decent. Its spring you're going to get that.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

BenedictGomez

Stowe reported 6" today
Smuggs about 4"
MRG about 6" to 8"
Jay Peak about 4"
Plattekill about 2"
Bolton Valley about 2"

All that will help a little bit

abc

Question is this weekend!

Who wants to give a guess on how the condition will be like, base on past experience of course, after a good rain soaking and now have 1/2 ft of snow on top?

Just to make it relevant, Stowe is having its "club appreciation" weekend. Pretty sweet deal! But only if it's worth skiing the first place!

ScottySkis

Question is this weekend!

Who wants to give a guess on how the condition will be like, base on past experience of course, after a good rain soaking and now have 1/2 ft of snow on top?

Just to make it relevant, Stowe is having its "club appreciation" weekend. Pretty sweet deal! But only if it's worth skiing the first place!

If Platty gets half a foot I bet it be nice conditions this weekend.

BenedictGomez

My guess is Vermont will be just fine given the 6" they just got.

Catskills probably wont be very good, but they probably wont be completely awful either. That's where I'll be, and I'm just hoping it wont be a complete ice skating rink with thin cover.

octopus

i know that loon and sunday river are making snow, so its probably icetastic out there.

dmc

Hunter is groomed flat - fast and firm.. 20f out right now..
Damage has been repaired..

4aprice

Looks like 4-10 up the Green Mountain spine from K north. Another wave supposed to pass through between now and Saturday. Powderfreak is reporting powder conditions at Stowe on Americanwx. Seems to me that what ever damage (demage?) took place could be a distant memory this weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ScottySkis

Looks like 4-10 up the Green Mountain spine from K north. Another wave supposed to pass through between now and Saturday. Powderfreak is reporting powder conditions at Stowe on Americanwx. Seems to me that what ever damage (demage?) took place could be a distant memory this weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Any word on damages at Elk and Poconos?

bigbog

Very light rain thru yesterda, not steady....cloudy now..here in Bangor lowlands. Think ME's western mtns(SL, SR, Saddleback) should've survived without any problems...mixed-cond.
High 20s-low 30s....downtown Kingfield's forecast.

Last edited: