• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

    You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Strat

New member
Joined
Jun 14, 2005
Messages
197
Points
0
Location
Mad River Valley, Vermont
Website
www.geocities.com
thetrailboss said:
Strat said:
djspookman said:
I noticed those trees out behind the Gatehouse as well.. looks like we may finally be able to ski to the super bravo instead of pole-along.

I heard lots of truck trafic heading up the road this morning, but I don't know anything else as of yet.
Just wish they'd put up pics on the lincoln peak village website... if they're gonna put the effort into making a "look at the status" page, they might as well update it... really wanna see what it's looking like...

Well, if you're in the Valley, why not just drive or bike up there and check it out?
Can't drive myself, 15, only can drive with a parent, and they're working (though I must say I've only had since June 4th and my parents are commending me on how good I am...) biking... yeah it's a bit far from Moretown... as well as the fact that I don't actually have a bike at the moment that fits me... PLUS I'm at camp right now at williams college in MA (academic summer thing)... coming back on the 26th though, then I'll persuade my mom to accompany me as I drive up...
 

Lostone

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
588
Points
0
Location
Sugarbush, Vermont
I'll try to get some recent pix up on my site in the next few days.

Will post here when I do.

Stay tuned. :wink:



:idea: Which is not the same as staying fuzzy. :beer: :lol:
 

Lostone

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
588
Points
0
Location
Sugarbush, Vermont
Claybrook Progress pix

OK, took a little longer than I expected.

I was going to do a chronological order kinda thing with explanations, but started to get the feeling that the pix would make the website after Claybrook was fully inhabited. :roll:

So Here:
http://groups.msn.com/JimsSceneryPix/recentpix.msnw?Page=5 is a set of pix. It actually starts with the last pic on page 4 and goes to page 6.

The pic on page 4 along with a few on 5 are before shots. I have more from the early precess, but I'm slow at finding them. The last 6 are from Wed the 20th.

Let me know if you have any questions about them.

There might be others around with more knowledge of the project progress. I just know about the pix. :wink:
 

thetrailboss

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
28,139
Points
48
Location
NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
Hmmm....doesn't seem as big as I was thinking. Are they going to build the new lodge or building on that bank where the trees have been removed. Also, I noticed that the Season Pass office is being moved.
 

smootharc

New member
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
543
Points
0
Location
CNY & MRV
Just the new lodge for public is being built first....

thetrailboss said:
Hmmm....doesn't seem as big as I was thinking. Are they going to build the new lodge or building on that bank where the trees have been removed. Also, I noticed that the Season Pass office is being moved.


And I believe that's what they've broken ground for. The Claybrook residential "private" lodge/timeshare is another building altogether, and, it is my understanding, is a "phase II" construction.

The building being built is, again, I believe, the "guest services building" indicated on this site plan:

http://www.lincolnpeakvillage.com/sitedesign/collegedata/lincolnpeakvillage.com/i/siteplan_large.jpg


But, hey, I could be mistaken here.
 

Lostone

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
588
Points
0
Location
Sugarbush, Vermont
The plan is to be a number of steps.

The one in process is to be the family center. It will have all the ski school and day care operations along with guest services. (I believe that the season pass office will be in that section.)

That is why the trees being pulled from behind Gatehouse was such a surprise, as the part of the plan that replaces the Gatehouse lodge (a constant complaint for years) was to be at least the third part of the plan.
 

Strat

New member
Joined
Jun 14, 2005
Messages
197
Points
0
Location
Mad River Valley, Vermont
Website
www.geocities.com
Re: Claybrook Progress pix

Lostone said:
OK, took a little longer than I expected.

I was going to do a chronological order kinda thing with explanations, but started to get the feeling that the pix would make the website after Claybrook was fully inhabited. :roll:

So Here:
http://groups.msn.com/JimsSceneryPix/recentpix.msnw?Page=5 is a set of pix. It actually starts with the last pic on page 4 and goes to page 6.

The pic on page 4 along with a few on 5 are before shots. I have more from the early precess, but I'm slow at finding them. The last 6 are from Wed the 20th.

Let me know if you have any questions about them.

There might be others around with more knowledge of the project progress. I just know about the pix. :wink:
Nice pics, thanks for the view... This one really shows how much the landscape has changed on that side of the base: http://groups.msn.com/JimsSceneryPix/recentpix.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=555
 

castlerock

New member
Joined
Jun 15, 2005
Messages
161
Points
0
Location
Warren
Yeah, what is going on?

I was at a party (In Massachusetts, no less) this weekend and heard the "bad rumors going around" comment. When pressed for details, there were none, but the lack of a foundation going in several weeks after excavation, lends credence to the "bad news".

So what is up?
 

JimG.

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
10,970
Points
48
Location
Hopewell Jct., NY
Re: Yeah, what is going on?

castlerock said:
I was at a party (In Massachusetts, no less) this weekend and heard the "bad rumors going around" comment. When pressed for details, there were none, but the lack of a foundation going in several weeks after excavation, lends credence to the "bad news".

So what is up?

That sounds like a $ issue.

Welcome aboard here castlerock!
 

ski_resort_observer

New member
Joined
Dec 26, 2004
Messages
3,423
Points
0
Location
Waitsfield,Vt
Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Fill the hole

I was up there on Sat to check out the situation. Stopped in for a sandwich and the owner who has been there for many years told me he heard they were going to fill the hole back in and things were not going well.

Noski could probably shed some light here.

As I mentioned in another post it is great that they are tearing down those delapidated buildings at the bottom of the access rd. It's a pretty valuable piece of property so does anyone want to venture a guess or know what might be built there. Probably a mini shopping center.
 

thetrailboss

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
28,139
Points
48
Location
NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
Re: Yeah, what is going on?

castlerock said:
When pressed for details, there were none, but the lack of a foundation going in several weeks after excavation, lends credence to the "bad news".

So what is up?

Great to have you here, Castlerock.

Yes, I noted too in Lostone's pics that the site work was actually quite minimal. No foundation and nothing really done...looked kind of pathetic actually.
 

dmc

New member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
14,275
Points
0
Re: Yeah, what is going on?

castlerock said:
dmc said:
Castlerock from TFT????

Your private woods guide, Dougie

COOL.... The best Sugarbush tour I EVER had...

I'm not renewing my ASC pass because of that day.. :)
 
Top