• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

machski

I will add that GMX ran pretty well last season (they put a lot of work into last summer). But that still doesn't negate the need to ensure NRX runs well one way or another. (which was one of Mach's arguments about why NRX doesn't need to be a priority). The mountain skis very differently and the experience is very different without NRX. That's the bottom line. Again, I hope whatever they did this summer works out. If it doesn't, I know there will be a good number of unhappy people (especially once they find out it isn't being replaced next year). I know the two of us don't always see eye to eye, but I think on this one we're both in agreement for a change :)
I never said maintenance and bring ng it up to reliable shouldn't be a priority. I too very much enjoy that lift and since I start at South most of my SB days (and most of those are when SB is open), it is most of my lift rides at Ellen. But when Alterra is looking over their entire portfolio to drop $$ on replacement lifts, I'm sorry but NRX is going to be far down their list overall. The fact its even in the air to get replaced is high praise for SB management!!