• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Hawk

That is really weird. It's this guy's first post. If you read this, it does not seem to be related to the current Covid concerns. It is almost like it was trapped in the sent folder and the moderator clear it out and it was released 5 years later.

Welcome to the twilight zone.

cdskier

I'm just wondering if there will be a second post from this new person. Potential topics could include rumors of Win selling the mountain and debate about who potential buyers would be!

HowieT2

That is really weird. It's this guy's first post. If you read this, it does not seem to be related to the current Covid concerns. It is almost like it was trapped in the sent folder and the moderator clear it out and it was released 5 years later.

Welcome to the twilight zone.

Russian bot

djd66

I'm just wondering if there will be a second post from this new person. Potential topics could include rumors of Win selling the mountain and debate about who potential buyers would be!

That was funny, thanks for the chuckle!

Slidebrook87

I've seen plans to replace the Valley House double with a high speed quad while extending the base terminal downhill to where the rental shop has been. Clearly the goal is to increase the out of base lift capacity so that the Super Bravo and Gate House quads aren't overwhelmed as they usually are on busy weekend/holiday mornings. But this plan concerns me for two reasons. First, the current intersection with the Valley House traverse and the top terminal of the VH lift is a disaster. The traverse gets scraped down to bare ice by 10:30AM and I see multiple collisions and near misses every day I'm there. Aren't you concerned that a quad would exacerbate this problem? Second, the trails in that pod are already quite heavily used, especially Spring Fling and Snowball/Racers Edge. Why would you want to double lift capacity for a pod with two crowded snowmaking trails, and four expert/upper intermediate natural trails that can't handle many more skiers as it is? Throw in the fact that half of Spring Fling is often closed and you really are setting yourselves up for a diminution of the skiing experience. Lift lines are, by and large, not a big problem at SB.

Those were the original plans before the fixed quad, and I think the general consensus is that the fixed quad is great and serves as a reliable backup to bravo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p_levert

Those were the original plans before the fixed quad, and I think the general consensus is that the fixed quad is great and serves as a reliable backup to bravo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valley house quad is perfection. Warm lift, not crowded, can watch skiers on the ride up, and you can access all sorts of interesting terrain.

The only downside is that the lift does not run 7 days a week.

jimmywilson69

but to be fair, its not really warranted to run 7 days a week. I agree though that it perfectly services the mountain. whatever additional expense or headache to move the terminal down to the true base level was 100% worth it.

Zand

Did you hear that Killington is replacing the double with gondola?

cdskier

Will the bridge on 100b in Moretown be done by ski season? Makes a trip there much longer if Roxbury gap is too sketchy on a given day.

Supposed to be done by mid-October per VT AOT. It is currently on schedule per the latest reports...

Hawk

Not sure but being union or not has nothing to do with speed. Cost is another story. I work with both and usually the union guys are quicker on my projects.

skiur

Not sure but being union or not has nothing to do with speed. Cost is another story. I work with both and usually the union guys are quicker on my projects.

The union jobs that I have had we were always slower and more expensive.