• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

Rode up with an ambassador on GMX right after we finished up the Inverness trails for the day. Mentioned the water bars and suggested they send a groomer up to fill them in at the bottom and leave the rest of the trail as is.
That's a good idea. The top of the trail is excellent at the moment...no need to touch that.

Shredmonkey254

Agreed, Hopefully the colder temps moving in will help solidify water bars and allow snow to hang around in them
Agreed, Hopefully the colder temps moving in will help solidify water bars and allow snow to hang around in them
yup, some water bars out there today at ellen

Attachments

• 19AD19F1-84D0-4C81-9913-423755385ED3.MOV
    20.1 MB · Views: 7

crank

We skied Mt Ellen today and it was awesome. Skied FIS top to bottom twice and just had a wonderful day with less than we expected crowds. Original plan was to ski Killington Sunday but we are going to ski here tomorrow and head home early afternoon.

pinnoke

That's a good idea. The top of the trail is excellent at the moment...no need to touch that.
As an ambassador, I can tell you that our input on concerns such as this isn't going to bubble up to the right people. However, as some of those folks may be peeking at these posts; or if you have a more direct line to Mt. Operations; you'd have a better chance of getting desired results (or learn why something may or may not get accomplished).

SteezyRob

Slide Brook was not too bad today.
i heard that.. trees are filling in nicely
Rode up with an ambassador on GMX right after we finished up the Inverness trails for the day. Mentioned the water bars and suggested they send a groomer up to fill them in at the bottom and leave the rest of the trail as is.
no way! those are too fun.

cdskier

Report this morning says FIS was groomed. Have they made snow on it?

I'm curious if it was actually groomed. The narrative says it was groomed, but the snow report itself doesn't list it as groomed. If it actually was groomed, this would be the first time in quite a few years that I can recall that happening. I could see it making sense to push the whales out a bit at the moment, although I wouldn't want to see that be a regular thing.

Lotso

I'm curious if it was actually groomed. The narrative says it was groomed, but the snow report itself doesn't list it as groomed. If it actually was groomed, this would be the first time in quite a few years that I can recall that happening. I could see it making sense to push the whales out a bit at the moment, although I wouldn't want to see that be a regular thing.
And I quote: Last evening our fleet of Piston Bully’s were chugging up the hill to buff loads of terrain across both peaks. As of this morning you will find the freshest corduroy east of the Mississippi on some fan favorites like Sleeper Chutes, Sunrise, F.I.S, and Snowball.

--

"Piston Bully's".... factually and grammatically incorrect, but anyway... so no idea if it was done or not since I did not get up there.

Granite1

Sugarbush was fantastic on Saturday.

Attachments

• IMG_2241.JPG
    IMG_2241.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2242.JPG
    IMG_2242.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2243.JPG
    IMG_2243.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2247.JPG
    IMG_2247.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2248.JPG
    IMG_2248.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 28

Mak

As an ambassador, I can tell you that our input on concerns such as this isn't going to bubble up to the right people. However, as some of those folks may be peeking at these posts; or if you have a more direct line to Mt. Operations; you'd have a better chance of getting desired results (or learn why something may or may not get accomplished).
I was going to say this.

Hawk

i heard that.. trees are filling in nicely

no way! those are too fun.
You guys are nuts. the top half skied OK if you are an experienced expert but what about all the swack, rocks and stumps on the bottom half. Why do you wnat to send the masses in there to snowplow the thing into the ground? If you want people to know you had a good day in there then just tell your friends in the bar.

KustyTheKlown

You guys are nuts. the top half skied OK if you are an experienced expert but what about all the swack, rocks and stumps on the bottom half. Why do you wnat to send the masses in there to snowplow the thing into the ground? If you want people to know you had a good day in there then just tell your friends in the bar.

last weekend (1/27), one run thru eden was enough to tell me that slide brook would not be very fun.

that being said i found upper woods to ski pretty well at both ellen and lincoln that weekend, but as you say, 'experienced expert' skiing for people who know how to read the terrain and don't mind dinging up the sticks a lotta bit