• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

thetrailboss

Staff member
It would be odd to see GMX replaced as it is only 21 years old right now. But I know it has had a lot of issues ever since it was struck by lightning. Gatehouse could use a six pack, and the top of it could use a regrade so that it is not an uphill schlep to get to North Lynx or Slidebrook from the top of Gatehouse. Are there still plans to put a mid mid mountain lodge at the top of Gatehouse?

I got back to Sugarbush for the first time in a number of years last weekend. Even though the conditions were less than desirable it was great to be back at the Bush. Mount Ellen is neck and neck with Pico for my favorite mountain in Vermont, they are both really similar in their old school but not outdated Vermont charm. Love that they are now embracing the Glen Ellen history with the Glen Ellen sign in the lodge and was able to pick up a Glen Ellen pin in the shop.
I doubt that Gatehouse has enough terrain to support a six-pack. I might also say the same for Bravo, but that is a closer call. NRX needs to be replaced as it is near the end of its useful life (1990 install, 1995 relocation).

Kingslug20

Saw 2 guys skiing every bump run...even FIS...they weren't spring chickens...very impressive as these moguls were not soft

Kingslug20

Wrecked the other lenses in Europe...the sun went away around 1...
And when in stowe...the sun rarely shines...
Expensive lenses...

cdskier

I skied Ellen yesterday. Trails on the bottom like Walts and Brambles softened up nicely. Stuff up top stayed firm. Also finally ate at the Miso place at the base. Those Japanese Rice Balls were delicious!

Was at Lincoln Peak this morning. Wasn't expecting so much sun and it to warm up so much. Everything on North Lynx was soft by 11.

Likely heading to Stowe tomorrow...

ThatGuy

xlr8r

The Outdoor Masters are pretty small as well. Does anyone know of any cheaper goggle options for people with big heads?

Kingslug20

I tend to buy the best I can and hope it lasts..
It's why I don't shop at Harbor freight for most tools. I have tools that are older than me...

KustyTheKlown

You get what you pay for. Had a friend buy those. He was not happy. Fogging issues and he said they were cheesey. I like my Smith IO Chroma Mags. They work really well with my Smith Helmut.

cheesy and cheap. being cheap about goggles is a surefire way to ruin a good day of skiing when it is snowing

KustyTheKlown

The Outdoor Masters are pretty small as well. Does anyone know of any cheaper goggle options for people with big heads?

oakley flight decks are huge. i actually felt they were too big and opted for the flight deck xm which is their medium sized version

jimmywilson69

oh yeah I've always been a Smith guy but I could see grabbing a pair of these as a backup.

I am a tiny human, so small isn't an issue with me. I think my current pair are "Asian fit" LOL

thetrailboss

Staff member
You get what you pay for. Had a friend buy those. He was not happy. Fogging issues and he said they were cheesey. I like my Smith IO Chroma Mags. They work really well with my Smith Helmut.
I am very skeptical of Amazon no-name brand items. They are usually cheap knock-offs and are probably the result of someone stealing intellectual property of someone else and doing a terrible job of replicating it.

x10003q