• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

chuckstah

Drone video of the new Reverse Traverse, and an old favorite returning to the map?

cdskier

Drone video of the new Reverse Traverse, and an old favorite returning to the map?

Interesting...

Naturalsnow

Any speculation as to what the old favorite will be? Are they just going to bring back a label for a trail segment that already exists (e.g. Zip), or are they going to reopen a trail that has not been open in recent years?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Any speculation as to what the old favorite will be? Are they just going to bring back a label for a trail segment that already exists (e.g. Zip), or are they going to reopen a trail that has not been open in recent years?
Good question. "An old classic." Hmmm.....

Looking at the map, I am not seeing anything obvious that has been dropped in the last few years.

cdskier

Good question. "An old classic." Hmmm.....

Looking at the map, I am not seeing anything obvious that has been dropped in the last few years.

Agreed...never-mind the last few years, I went back about 20-30 years and still can't find anything overly obvious (besides bringing back simply a name like Spread Eagle or Zip to an existing trail that became nameless).

tumbler

My guess besides renaming trails would be opening up the old power line from bottom of CR chair and/or the small section of the gondola liftline at the top of germ chute. I don't think they are going to cut the original Birdland trail.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Agreed...never-mind the last few years, I went back about 20-30 years and still can't find anything overly obvious (besides bringing back simply a name like Spread Eagle or Zip to an existing trail that became nameless).
Exactly. Those two and “Ravenna’s Way” or something like that….

Hawk

I just got a new mtb, not an ebike, but the ebike would certainly come in handy in many situations, and I cast no shade on those riding them. I am not ashamed to admit that I walk up some uphill sections. I'm 55 and have no interest in killing myself to get uphill nor do I feel the need to prove anything to anyone. I ride for fun and to stay in shape, 'nothing more. That being said, my new bike is at least 5 pounds lighter than my old rig, and consequently much easier to ride uphill.
Howie, I have to walk sometimes. I hear you. When riding the MRV, before they put in the swell hill trail I seldom made that hell hill thing. Just painful. Also that top steep part on Techie kills me. Most everything else is makeable if you just put in low gear and ride tempo.

Hawk

I haven't heard what that old classic trail might be. Interesting though. I won't be back up until later in August but I am sure it will come out by then.

Hawk

That lower old Gondi section on Organgrinder is a guess but I bet they just change a name back somewhere. Not sure were. I think that Mt Ellen has the best chance. Maybe they will come back with one of the old Scottish theme names they used to have like Highlander or Scotch Mist. LOL

Hawk

By the way, can someone post that video on a non-instagram link like Vimeo or You tube. I don't have instagram and my company firewall will not allow it anyway.

Thanks.

Newpylong

I love the braindead social media comments on these. Some people shouldn't be allowed on the Interweb.

Newpylong

That lower old Gondi section on Organgrinder is a guess but I bet they just change a name back somewhere. Not sure were. I think that Mt Ellen has the best chance. Maybe they will come back with one of the old Scottish theme names they used to have like Highlander or Scotch Mist. LOL
The missing section of Organgrinder was what I was thinking too.

Hawk

I could do that but it really isn't that big a deal. The only time I have ever looks at Instagram or Facebook is when someone posts a link that I might be interested in. Hell just looking at this forum takes up way too much of my time already. I don't need to add to that. Actually I am not in the social media game at all. Not even Linkedin. zero accounts.