• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This weather positively sucks

fbrissette

... New record high temperature for January 30th set at Rutland Vermont...

... New record high temperature for January 30th set at Burlington Vermont...

... New record high temperature for January 30th set at Massena New York...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And torrential rain is on its way, If this keeps on going, the best skiing of the year will have been in December.

AdironRider

I must admit, since mid December or so its been really weird weather wise.

Went through 3 weeks or so of sub-20 degree temps every morning, now its barely freezing.

Just give me that middle ground sweet spot of 20 and snowing.

BenedictGomez

It gets worse. Immediately after this one warm day with heavy rain, we go right back to freezing temps.

So first we get snow destruction and wetness, then we get the ice freeze on top of it. :(

Smellytele

I saw something about snow later in the weekend in Northern NH. NOAA

PREFERRING TO DEVELOP THE NORTHERN WAVE INTO A LOW TRACKING UP THE ST LAWRENCE WHILE THE EURO FAVORS THE SOUTHERN WAVE RESULTING IN A COASTAL LOW. BOTH SOLUTIONS MAINTAIN THE COLD TEMPERATURES RESULTING IN A SNOW EVENT FOR SUNDAY INTO MONDAY .... THE NORTHERN SOLUTION WOULD YIELD MORE SNOW SOONER, WHILE THE OFF SHORE SOLUTION WOULD LEAVE NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND IN THE LATTER PART OF THE WRAP AROUND PRECIP. HAVE HEDGE TOWARDS THE NORTHERN GFS SOLUTION FOR THIS UPDATE.

fbrissette

I saw something about snow later in the weekend in Northern NH. NOAA

PREFERRING TO DEVELOP THE NORTHERN WAVE INTO A LOW TRACKING UP THE ST LAWRENCE WHILE THE EURO FAVORS THE SOUTHERN WAVE RESULTING IN A COASTAL LOW. BOTH SOLUTIONS MAINTAIN THE COLD TEMPERATURES RESULTING IN A SNOW EVENT FOR SUNDAY INTO MONDAY .... THE NORTHERN SOLUTION WOULD YIELD MORE SNOW SOONER, WHILE THE OFF SHORE SOLUTION WOULD LEAVE NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND IN THE LATTER PART OF THE WRAP AROUND PRECIP. HAVE HEDGE TOWARDS THE NORTHERN GFS SOLUTION FOR THIS UPDATE.

We're gonna need a lot of snow to overcome that much rain followed by a deep freeze. A very shitty week-end ahead of us.

Breakout12

We're gonna need a lot of snow to overcome that much rain followed by a deep freeze. A very shitty week-end ahead of us.

I know! This weekend is the first time that I can ski this year, and it looks like I missed the good skiing weather. I hope 2 days is enough time to blow snow and groom the slopes back to life..

twinplanx

The next person to tell me how great these temps are might just get punched in the mouth!!
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

JDMRoma

The next person to tell me how great these temps are might just get punched in the mouth!!
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
Yes same here, Im so sick of the people I work with saying how nice the warm temps are....trying not to lose it though

bdfreetuna

Dude.. this sucks. On the bright side I guess I'll be saving $$$ for the spring. Assuming we get to ski this spring.

Bene288

We hit 63*F in Albany today according to the truck's thermo. My yard and driveway are a swamp. I hate this.

BenedictGomez

Well, sliding down a slope beats NOT sliding down a slope. Ant this weekend we will be sliding down a slope.

Not if it's a hellish 1.5 inch of h2o thaw/freeze cycle.

I took the "Under" on predicting how bad the last thaw cycle was and I was wrong.
I'm taking the "Over" on this one so hopefully I'll be wrong again.