• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thunderbolt ~ 2013 Race Registration and a new Museum

bigschuss

Race registration for the 2013 Thunderbolt Ski Race opens this Sunday, November 11th at midnight. All racers must be members of the Thunderbolt Ski Runners.

A link to the 2013 race trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stoIShNnQZE

And a link to the FB page for the new Thunderbolt Ski Museum in downtown Adams. Be sure to stop by the next time you're in town to ski the Bolt....

http://www.facebook.com/ThunderboltSkiMuseum?ref=hl

Four or five trail days this fall have the Thunderbolt looking GOOD right now...ready and primed for snow!

~ Thunderbolt Ski Runners

Last edited:

snowmonster

This just in on the Thunderbolt Ski Runners Facebook page:

"The 2013 Thunderbolt Ski Race has been officially postponed until March 2nd due to a lack of snow. We will not race on February 9th. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a snowy February. Stay tuned as race slots may become available in the coming week."

crank

Cool. I am playing the Chameleon club in Pittsfield March 1. Might try to snag a slot or just show up to spectate. Are you allowed to ski the run before or while the race is being run? Could anyone stop you?

crank

I don't think they can arrest you for skiing on the trail while the race is going on. But, why ruin it for everyone?

I wasn't saying that I wanted to ruin for anyone...much less everyone.. I amy be an idiot but I am not that much of a douche bag. I was more thinking of skiing down a bit, off course and between racers, to stop and watch at different vantage points.

snowmonster

No Thunderbolt race this year. Just posted on Thunderbolt Ski Runners FB page:

"Final 2013 Thunderbolt Race Update

"The race is a NO-GO. Sorry everybody. Current trail conditions and the 3 day forecast prevent us from being able to bring you better news.

"Again...the race is a NO-GO for 2013.

"Thunderfest still goes on from noon to 5 PM."