• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Trail with No Name

Greg

Staff member
I've dubbed a glade I've yet to ski at the local haunt, "Gunny Woods."

kcyanks1

Stowe has so many runs like this...but I'm not sharing on here..find these runs yourself...

He's asking for names, not directions or locations. I figure that's OK

At Sugarbush the most famous would be "The Church" I figure. There's also The Saddle (haven't been to that one). At MRG there is Octopus Garden, Three Cliffs, and 19th and 20th holes (I haven't done any of them). Stowe has Profanity (done that), Hourglass, Hellbrook, Riverbed, Pipeline I think, and probably many others. Unfortunately I haven't done most of them.

Zand

Vickery Bowl Liftline... closest you'll ever get to a good natural trail at Wachusett.

He's asking for names, not directions or locations. I

In that case,,,Chapel Woods, Triple Woods, Susie Glades, Oh Shit, Big Titties, The Clit, Kitchen Wall, Kitchen Sink, BBQ woods, Goatdive woods, S-53, The Bruce, The Burt, Hazleton, Angel Food, The Bench, The Riverbed, Tomba...and others...

Last edited by a moderator:

twinplanx

The "office" at a hill with a poor reputation on this forum :( There are definitely "offices" at other mntns but this one I know well:)

kcyanks1

He's asking for names, not directions or locations. I

In that case,,,Chapel Woods, Triple Woods, Susie Glades, Oh Shit, Big Titties, The Clit, Kitchen Wall, Kitchen Sink, BBQ woods, Goatdive woods, S-53, The Bruce, The Burt, Hazleton, Angel Food, The Bench, The Riverbed, Tomba...and others...

Actually have heard of most but not all of those.. I think I've been in or near Angel Food. I looked for The Riverbed once (I know vaguely where it is) but don't think I succeeded.

Actually have heard of most but not all of those.. I think I've been in or near Angel Food. I looked for The Riverbed once (I know vaguely where it is) but don't think I succeeded.

Riverbed is easy to find..and awesome..just hook up with a Stowe local...The cool thing now is that when I ski at Stowe or Jackson or my other regular haunts..I know where the goods are but I live like a tourist since my skibum days are over:-D

JD

Website
hotmail.com
My favs...
Shut the hell up woods.
We don't need to mention this stuff here glades.
Ain't never been over there chute.
I don't think that's skiable brook.

kcyanks1

Riverbed is easy to find..and awesome..just hook up with a Stowe local...The cool thing now is that when I ski at Stowe or Jackson or my other regular haunts..I know where the goods are but I live like a tourist since my skibum days are over:-D

I did have some guidance from a local, and still missed it (was not actually skiing with the local though). I'll have to try again next time. I've only been to Stowe twice, and once was late season and not a time when the unmarked stuff was probably much of an option. I hope to make it there again this season though, because there is so much I want to ski there.

Rushski

At Sugarloaf, heard someone call what we went into "The Garden". Not on any map I've seen but was a blast with all that late snow last year and many a skier was hitting it...

kcyanks1

The Light at Killington, so well known by local and regulars, that is should be on the map

I'm not familiar with that one, but didn't Killington upset a bunch of locals/regulars by adding unnamed trails to the map a few years back (like Anarchy, Toilet Bowl/The Throne)? Not that other areas don't do the same thing ... and it works well for those of us who don't know where everything is.

djspookman

at smuggs:

Hagarmans
hershy highway
hershy squirts
alley woods
alley chute
bearwoods
boneyard
birthday bowl
backbowls
drifterwoods