• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

trails.com

KevinB

Anyone have a membership to this site? If so, how do you like it? I went to use the free trial membership, but they want a credit card and I dont feel like going down that road.
I know they have pre planned hikes out of published guidebooks, but what else do they offer?

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
I've never used it, although Googling trail names has often led me there. I've gotten all the information I ever needed from free, community-oriented sites like this one (hint :)), so I don't know what hides behind the veil of membership over there.

KevinB

yeah, I agree,I get the best info from local sites that people actually visit. It looks like they just take trail routes and descriptions from books, published from AMC,Falcon,etc and sell them. I trying to figure out what they do, I am just not willing to provide my CC# to find out.

Mike P.

I don't believe in giving out my CC anymore than I have to & get all my info for free.

Here, AMC & VFTT keep me covered in the Northeast, members have been all over the world, trekking to Everest Basecamp, the Alps, Rockies, Denali, Rainier, Aconagua, Gaspe, Scotland, Kilimanjaro, etc.

I've got 100 Hikes for AZ & CA where I have family & you can find more info for out west & the High peaks at www.americasroof.com & I believe Sierra stuff from i395.com which has a link to the Whitney Portal (or used to) many links here to peoples webpages

gorp,com & Backpacker also have forums (I know BP used to but I ran out of time to check there)