• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

US Airways Flight down in Hudson

tjf67

That guy is the "john wayne" of pilots. Cool man luke.

They should call him the DUKE

dmc

That guy is the "john wayne" of pilots. Cool man luke.

They should call him the DUKE

Again... My hope is that all pilots can be called "Duke"... And that he is the norm and not the exception...

tjf67

Again... My hope is that all pilots can be called "Duke"... And that he is the norm and not the exception...

he has some pretty impressive credentials under his belt. I would hope all pilots are the DUKE. The greener ones may have cracked under the pressure. Seems to me from the interview not to much will shake that guy.

That lady without her uniform on was SCREAMING PAY ME

dmc

That lady without her uniform on was SCREAMING PAY ME

i thought so to... but hearing about the accounts from the back of the plane... I've softened a bit on that... I'm sure it was insane when the back hit...

BTW... Love this picture...
the difference between coach and first class...

image001_3_.jpg

mondeo

Interesting fact... 2007 and 2008 were the first two consecutive years without an airline fatality in the U.S. since essentially before there were airlines.

Interesting fact... 2007 and 2008 were the first two consecutive years without an airline fatality in the U.S. since essentially before there were airlines.

It shows how safe flying is..in my town along..several people die each year in automobile and motorcycke crashes..