• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Utah Moguls?

powhunter

Just wondering which resorts have the best and or dedicated bump runs?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puck it

Just wondering which resorts have the best and or dedicated bump runs?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deer valley has the Olympic mogul run, none anywhere else except for nat trails
Alta and Snowbird only on nat trails that I remember. Solitude the same.

jimk

If you were asking CO I could instantly say Mary Jane at Winter park and Pallaviccini at Arapahoe Basin. But UT is more just big mtn skiing. There are plenty of moguls at Snowbird, but tend to be softer and spread out than intense with deep troughs. Just head for the steepest lines at each mtn:)
Kind of random, but McConkey's Bowl at Park City is a big mogul field.

Last edited:

benski

Alta and Snowbird only on nat trails that I remember. Solitude the same.

I was just at Alta and Snowbird. Neither had a shortage of bumps. Also I don't think either had significant snowmaking systems, though Alta has the worlds ugliest snowmaking equipment. There were not many tight bump lines before this wave of storms hit.

4aprice

Utah's not about bumps. Utah's about the snow. There are plenty of bumps there but many times they are buried. The tree's and bowls will catch your attention and you'll hit the bumps as you come across them.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Puck it

high%20boy.jpg

jimk

Good pic from Puck it of High Rustler at Alta. I've skied that run a number of times and don't think of it as a mogul run because it had such soft snow on it. But I'm sure if they went through a dry period and it kept getting skied it would bump up like that picture. There is plenty of terrain like that at both Alta and Snowbird with the potential to get very bumpy in the right conditions.

Here's a pic of mine from last april of Gunsight at Alta. It's in background and is steep enough to bump-up and never gets groomed. It looks a little bumpy in this pic:
LL

But here's a close up going down it and you can see not really much in the way of bumps, just fun soft snow, easy skiing for old guys like me:)
LL

I'm sure trailboss will weigh in on this thread and have some good insight.

Found a pic of High Rustler from same day and it does show some soft small bumps:
LL

See here for more pics from last Apr at Snowbird and Alta: http://www.epicski.com/t/146502/little-cottonwood-canyon-late-mar-early-apr-2016

Last edited:

mishka

While right now before, next snow storm, cottonwoods resorts have bumps. at Snowbird ,saw yesterday, dedicated mogul run set looks like for competition

BenedictGomez

When I was there last year I felt I had to ski that run.

So at the end of the day, which was day 6 of 8 on skis, I went down that as the last run of the day since it's near the bottom. Lets just say, the mind was willing, but the body was weak.