• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

gittist

"Vail’s dining underperformed expectations and remains below pre-pandemic levels."

Yeah, because with runaway inflation and stagnating wages nobody can afford a $16 hot dog.
and that's just the hot dog. The bun and condiments are al a carte plus the mandatory 20% tip.:eek: I know be quiet before Vail thinks about that...

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

View attachment 59160

Wonder when desperation sets in? Stock is essentially unchanged compared to pre-pandemic. Where/how is there still growth to gain in their industry?
With high interest rates it's unlikely they'll be acquiring more large resorts anytime soon. We're now in the ancillary revenue phase, price increases on everything, new fees (e.g. parking, etc...). I expect some new costs we haven't seen before in the next year or so - the human imagination in that regard is the limit.

And re: performance, a vanilla investment in the S&P 500 has kicked Vail's butt during this time.

1696037436860.png

Last edited:

boston_e

Anyone have any idea how much the price goes up on Epic passes after tonight? (Specifically the 3 or 4 day passes)

FBGM

I remember like 7-8 years ago when I was with a Vail owned resort. Katz would ski with/as a private lesson so he could cut all the lines. I always laughed at that but smart.