• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

Cobbold

as an epic pass holder, love vail resorts inc, improved skiing for me, I can only hope more epic pass holders switch over to ikon, so I can have even shorter lift lines and more space on the trails.

FBGM

Worked upper management 1 year under Vail. That was enough. Financially got kicked in the dick. Hours worked, got kicked in the dick. Thanks given was 0.

Cobbold

Worked upper management 1 year under Vail. That was enough. Financially got kicked in the dick. Hours worked, got kicked in the dick. Thanks given was 0.
Everybody in upper management in every industry works a ton, goes with the territor, suck it up buttercup, ever here of Hess, management said it stood for holidays, evenings, Saturdays and. Sunday’s, feel bad for you, only guy in America who ever work long hours.

FBGM

Everybody in upper management in every industry works a ton, goes with the territor, suck it up buttercup, ever here of Hess, management said it stood for holidays, evenings, Saturdays and. Sunday’s, feel bad for you, only guy in America who ever work long hours.
I currently work in upper management, not at a ski area, never go over 40 hours, usually leave early Fridays, holidays and weekends off.

Vail sucks, working for Vail sucks. This is a Vail sucks thread. Sounds like your job also sucks. Buy a lifty a beer Karen,

snoseek

I currently work in upper management, not at a ski area, never go over 40 hours, usually leave early Fridays, holidays and weekends off.

Vail sucks, working for Vail sucks. This is a Vail sucks thread. Sounds like your job also sucks. Buy a lifty a beer Karen,
Can confirm. Worked mgmt for them and it completely sucked. I was pressured into it after just working a low responsibility job several winters and actually showing up semi sober.

Edd

Can confirm. Worked mgmt for them and it completely sucked. I was pressured into it after just working a low responsibility job several winters and actually showing up semi sober.
“Semi”? Nice!

thebigo

Ran into Wildcat GM (JK) this morning.
Sadly even he does NOT know when they will be "Allowed to Open" were his exact words.
This is my great concern, that some bureaucrat who has probably never skied new england, clustered their eastern properties into groups and will not open one until all mountains in the group are ready to open. If I recollect they opened all VT and Hunter on the same day. It could be weeks until Crotched is ready to open. It is similar to a restaurant making people wait while there are open tables; some diploma mill MBA decided it was better for customers to blame the weather than the reservation system.

There is also a lack of competition in NH. There are no unlimited IKON mountains for the Boston north crowd, Vail has the megapass crowd cornered. Someone mentioned Black, I will surely be there on a few weekends but Black doesnt solve the problem. SR and Cannon solve the problem but when you have already devoted five figures to housing and kids programs you are stuck.

njdiver85

It's Wednesday at 4pm . . . sitting at my computer to see how many people are in front of me in the week-of Vail reservation line. Only 25,000 today!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Everyone loves "corporate" resorts for their initial capital improvements, access to multiple resorts, and relatively cheap season pass products. People hate them for centralized management, bottom-line decisionmaking, and homogenous culture. I've seen this movie before.

Edd

It's Wednesday at 4pm . . . sitting at my computer to see how many people are in front of me in the week-of Vail reservation line. Only 25,000 today!
I tried the system for the first time today. I reserved Dec 16th and 17th (Wednesday and Thursday), which took about a minute. Are these weekend dates you’re going for? I haven’t read the other Vail reservation thread because I didn’t want to get depressed.

thebigo

And to add insult to injury, NWS is now calling for heavy snow this weekend in the notch with the EURO laying down feet.

Edit to add image, not going to happen verbatim but I got nothing else to do.

Attachments

• 1092784079_9-kmECMWFUSASurfaceNewEnglandKucheraSnowfall108.png.d37dd1ecfaf87f29a5444654182918fc.png
    1092784079_9-kmECMWFUSASurfaceNewEnglandKucheraSnowfall108.png.d37dd1ecfaf87f29a5444654182918fc.png
    437.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2020-12-02 164831.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-02 164831.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 9

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
To be fair....Alterra delayed openings at- Steamboat, Tremblant, Solitude, Sugarbush, and Stratton.

Vail makes improvements at their properties at least. Okemo was supposed to get a shiny new 6 pack on Timberline this year. They dumped huuuuuge money into Park City/Canyons. Also spent even huuuuuugerrrrrr money at Whistler Blackomb putting in a new gondola that's well over 10,000 feet long.

I'm not trying to defend Vail, they DO SUCK and it's time for them to go. But like ASC, in the heyday there were new lifts and cheap passes. But VR and ASC made several major major projects happen that couldn't happen without massive amounts of $$$.

Smellytele

To be fair....Alterra delayed openings at- Steamboat, Tremblant, Solitude, Sugarbush, and Stratton.

Vail makes improvements at their properties at least. Okemo was supposed to get a shiny new 6 pack on Timberline this year. They dumped huuuuuge money into Park City/Canyons. Also spent even huuuuuugerrrrrr money at Whistler Blackomb putting in a new gondola that's well over 10,000 feet long.

I'm not trying to defend Vail, they DO SUCK and it's time for them to go. But like ASC, in the heyday there were new lifts and cheap passes.
Verdict is out if they put anything into any of their NH properties or any of their NE properties. "they're feeder hills for our Western mountains, they don't need anything"

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Verdict is out if they put anything into any of their NH properties or any of their NE properties. "they're feeder hills for our Western mountains, they don't need anything"

Attitash is due for some love but it was as well during Peaks and they didn't do anything. Crotched and Wildcat I don't see any needs terribly pressing. A base lodge at Crotched perhaps but that's on a wish list.