• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

abc

Nothing just like half the posts by u on AZ
ALL my posts are on inline with the thread. You may not like my posts, just like I don't always like yours.

You post random post on random places. If you want to blast NY state, start your own freaking thread.

Or if you like, I'll start one for you to post "Scotty's random moaning thread"?

deadheadskier

Staff member
To get an idea of the staffing shortage at attitash. The gm was covering the lifties lunch today and I don't mean sitting in the top shack, he was swinging a broom on every chair to remove the snow.

Mother nature bailed out vail again today, everything that fell in the valley was frozen. Looks close to 4" on my deck, mostly dense snow with a little sleet mixed in, surely more in the notch. Freeze thaw earlier this week left things firm but surfaces should be excellent tomorrow when the fresh is mixed in.

Hope he has to scrub toilets too. Maybe then he gets annoyed enough he will speak up and convince Rob Kats to pay people well enough that they actually want to work there

Edd

Could use a Wildcat and Sunapee report for today or yesterday. Choosing between them tomorrow. Cat is claiming 3” yesterday.

thebigo

Having a moat pils at Matty bs and the triple just went down. Stopped for about ten minutes, they got it going on what sounds like auxiliary and are now offloading and closing. With any luck it is dead.

Reactions: Edd

Mainer

Wildcat was nice today, really big line for quad though. Basically same as it has been all month. Giant moguls, 3 groomed trails, minimum ice.

Mum skier

Could use a Wildcat and Sunapee report for today or yesterday. Choosing between them tomorrow. Cat is claiming 3” yesterday.
We were at Sunapee today, Sunday. Not sure if they really had any accumulation from Saturday. Very hard packed, but consistent surface. Most natural trails where closed due to “refreezing” according to their report. And I can certainly believe it. Good for fast runs on piste, did not venture off anywhere. Lines were manageable from lunch time onward. Hopefully once March is here crowds will drop more.

Amongst all the bad press for Vail I will give them a thumbs up for a small point today. My daughter got a new jacket this week and we forgot to switch the pass over, realized part way there. I thought at the least I would have to pay $5 replacement and maybe they would give me more grief or try to make me buy a day ticket. But no, printed new pass no issue at all, no charge.

Mainer

Bobcat spinning, no tomcat. Line usually eases up around noon on Sundays, not today though. No real normal this year.

snoseek

I'm hoping for a rare mellow day at sunapee tomorrow. Little rain is fine with me

thebigo

NWS shows gusts to 50 mph in the notch tomorrow. Likely be another day of lunch runs at bear in the rain. Think I will take Tuesday off, looks a bit firm.

McFatt

Skied Wildcat both days this past weekend and had a grin from ear to ear. The conditions Sunday were awesome. There trees had some creamy turns to be found, and Thompson Brook was worth it. Under the quad skied amazing yesterday afternoon. Spring like creamy corn. Too bad it's gonna nuke today and all week with temps nosediving and -30 windchills. The last couple weekends have been pretty good considering the lousy start to the season.

Also, it seems obvious, but when there is no race at Wildcat, it's generally much quieter. Here's the Wildcat race team schedule for the rest of March. Looks like the weekend of 13/14 might be busy, but no race this upcoming weekend, as they are away:

Last edited:

snoseek

All this nice natural snow at Wildcat is gonna make for a quick spring if March doesn't deliver....like really quick

thetrailboss

Staff member
All this nice natural snow at Wildcat is gonna make for a quick spring if March doesn't deliver....like really quick
You expect Wildcat to remain open into April? I would think that Vail is closing it down the first weekend of April. Does anyone know? I saw that they Crotch is closing the last weekend of March.

Actually, looks like April 11th is their slated last day according to the EPIC reservation system. At least that is the last day you can reserve.

Edd

You expect Wildcat to remain open into April? I would think that Vail is closing it down the first weekend of April. Does anyone know? I saw that they Crotch is closing the last weekend of March.

Actually, looks like April 11th is their slated last day according to the EPIC reservation system. At least that is the last day you can reserve.
May the Vail execs burn in hell if they close Cat on the 11th regardless of conditions.

abc

May the Vail execs burn in hell if they close Cat on the 11th regardless of condition
It'll do wonders to the sale of next year's Epic pass! :)

thetrailboss

Staff member
May the Vail execs burn in hell if they close Cat on the 11th regardless of conditions.
You would think that local management would tell them that there is a big Massachusetts holiday literally a few days later that would make for a great three-day ski weekend and lots of business. Oh wait, I am assuming that there IS local management. ;)

snoseek

I'm just keeping in mind they pretty much blew 3 runs. Lynx is the only one I think they blew fairly deep. A couple rain events will get them to those few runs.