• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

icecoast1

Not even a Biden supporter but “Let’s Go Brandon” is cringeworthy. The name of this thread is an apt slogan.
What was cringeworthy was watching the reporter try and cover up the what the crowd at the nascar event where it originated was really saying, had she just chosen to ignore it, Lets go Brandon never would have been a thing

abc

Not even a Biden supporter but “Let’s Go Brandon” is cringeworthy. The name of this thread is an apt slogan.
I AM a Biden supporter.

But somehow I'm not disturbed by it. Politicians had always been the target of jokes, bad taste or good. It comes with the territory. Sure, what's behind it is quite stupid. But we know that long ago.

thebigo

it sure is a great way to identify assholes.

What was cringeworthy was watching the reporter try and cover up the what the crowd at the nascar event where it originated was really saying, had she just chosen to ignore it, Lets go Brandon never would have been a thing

Maybe radically polarized people on both sides should try to figure out how we got here? Maybe we should all try to understand people who hold different viewpoints rather than just assume they are defective?

abc

Maybe radically polarized people on both sides should try to figure out how we got here? Maybe we should all try to understand people who hold different viewpoints rather than just assume they are defective?
You're saying "stolen election" is just a matter of viewpoints that needs "figure out"?

Sorry dude, we're way past that (view?)point.

KustyTheKlown

yup, there is no 'both sides' equivalence when one side is storming the center of govt and capitulating to absurd lies about stolen elections, while actively trying to disenfranchise the other side's voters.

drjeff

You're saying "stolen election" is just a matter of viewpoints that needs "figure out"?

Sorry dude, we're way past that (view?)point.
Probably more along the lines of the notion that many on the far left and in some parts of the media have that anyone who identifies as a Conservative must be a white supremicist racist. Just like the false notion that many on the far right have that anyone who identifies as Progressive must be for wide open boarders and abortions on demand.

Unfortunately while the minority in terms of actual numbers of people, the extremes of BOTH parties make way more noise than their numbers represent

snoseek

I'm looking for an election cycle where both parties actually put their best candidate forward. It's been a minute.

drjeff

I'm looking for an election cycle where both parties actually put their best candidate forward. It's been a minute.
If by "best" you mean someone who can appeal to the moderate middle and independents verses just generate the interest of the hardcore more fringe like bases that often drive early campaign support dollars, then I wouldn't hold my breathe.

The polictal system in conjuncton with much of the media in this country is so screwed up right now

2Planker

Some maintenance guys were in Bea's today, sayin' Sat 12/11 is now the plan for Attitash

abc

Unfortunately while the minority in terms of actual numbers of people, the extremes of BOTH parties make way more noise than their numbers represent
Actually, I think it's normal that the extreme fringes makes the most noise, whilst the moderate middle stay mostly quiet, aka "silent majority".

What's dysfunctional is those fringe noise makers had become the ONLY VOICES!