• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

2Planker

Probably true. However, when you travel to foreign countries, you need to up your game and triple check yourself and gear prior to going. Lest you end up in the slammer in some foreign land. We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto.
I ran 3-4 week Med trip to Nicaragua for many years. In 2009, 2 Med students changed their own Tix and flew down 3 days early to go surf in San Juan Del Sur.
BAD MOVE considering they were carrying $$$$ worth of Medications and Surg Equipment with NO attending faculty or manifest documentation which was required for entrance into the country.

They were jailed together for 4 days at the airport, in a 10'x10' concrete cell w/ a hole in the ground and only 2 "meals" of Rice & Beans/day.

Everything they were carrying was confiscated at the airport BUT I always carry a bottle of Jack Daniels just for times like that.
A good Nica guard will always take the Jack :)

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I ran 3-4 week Med trip to Nicaragua for many years. In 2009, 2 Med students changed their own Tix and flew down 3 days early to go surf in San Juan Del Sur.
BAD MOVE considering they were carrying $$$$ worth of Medications and Surg Equipment with NO attending faculty or manifest documentation which was required for entrance into the country.

They were jailed together for 4 days at the airport, in a 10'x10' concrete cell w/ a hole in the ground and only 2 "meals" of Rice & Beans/day

I've stayed in Edmunston, NB before when visiting Ft Kent, ME for work. I had some spare medical equipment in the car. US customs gave me a helluva time trying to come back into the country. Canada didn't care. It was eye opening.

raisingarizona

Let's be honest, she was taken as a political pawn for leverage at a later date.

She's a juicy target as a triple-threat for a Democrat president, black, female, and gay - all key identity politics targets a Democrat has to be perceived by his/her base as caring about (e.g. not rotting in a Russian detention facility).
DDB9F8C1-66CD-43C5-A1FD-8910C7B2A262.jpeg

thetrailboss

Staff member
Let's be honest, she was taken as a political pawn for leverage at a later date.

She's a juicy target as a triple-threat for a Democrat president, black, female, and gay - all key identity politics targets a Democrat has to be perceived by his/her base as caring about (e.g. not rotting in a Russian detention facility).
Correct.

Kingslug20

The ball and the hoop have nothing to do with it.

If you were Randy Davis from a small farming town in Indiana who played NCAA ball at Wichita State, Mr Biden wouldn't give a ratz azz about your Russian detention for violating that nation's drug laws.
That's my point...

NYDB

What point ? That one of the best female basketball players of all time has greater political value than a portly middle aged retired Handyman?

Who would have thought?

if randy davis was one of the best basketball players of all time and a white guy from Wichita state he’d be home already. Gmafb. It’s all about identity politics with you guys. It’s amazing.

Mainer

Look up Allen Russell. Serving a life sentence for having 1.5 ounces of weed in Mississippi( 3 strike law) We should probably try to fix our country before worrying about what other countries do.
Back to vail sucks. Wachusett or Wildcat who is opening first? I think wawa has beaten wildcat the last 2 years.

urungus

Look up Allen Russell. Serving a life sentence for having 1.5 ounces of weed in Mississippi( 3 strike law) We should probably try to fix our country before worrying about what other countries do.
Back to vail sucks. Wachusett or Wildcat who is opening first? I think wawa has beaten wildcat the last 2 years.
Wachusett for sure

IceEidolon

If Wildcat runs their system at capacity, in their first snowmaking window, without blowing something up or finding something broken, that's the first sign Vail actually put maintenance effort and staff in and let them do their jobs.

I don't particularly expect that to happen.

raisingarizona

What point ? That one of the best female basketball players of all time has greater political value than a portly middle aged retired Handyman?

Who would have thought?

if randy davis was one of the best basketball players of all time and a white guy from Wichita state he’d be home already. Gmafb. It’s all about identity politics with you guys. It’s amazing.
She’s that good?

I bet if this happened in North Korea she’d be treated like royalty.

shawnanigans

I am pretty sure that Wachusestt was first to open in the north east in Fall of 2020 while others were delayed with Covid concerns. They almost always have 1 to 2 WROD trails open prior to Thanksgiving if not a week or 2 prior if they get the weather.

I am pretty sure that Wachusestt was first to open in the north east in Fall of 2020 while others were delayed with Covid concerns. They almost always have 1 to 2 WROD trails open prior to Thanksgiving if not a week or 2 prior if they get the weather.
I can tell you that VAIL put much effort into rebuilding Hunters system this summer. Watching many of the snowmakers on FaceBook.

zyk

Well it will be just my luck... Hunter will blow like crazy, open the entire west side including the lift midweek this year... And I bought a different pass. You can thank me later.

Edd

Well it will be just my luck... Hunter will blow like crazy, open the entire west side including the lift midweek this year... And I bought a different pass. You can thank me later.
Hoping similar happens with Wildcat while I take the year off from Epic.