• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

Mainer

The kitty is starting better than last year. Will they run all their lifts when all the parking lots are full and having people park at great glen trails. Because it sucks to
wait in a 45 minute line and all the lifts are not running. I still have ptsd from the last 2 years there.

danimals

Mountain High is bringing back the classic "Mac vs PC" videos, but with an independent vs mega pass twist. pretty funny.

deadheadskier

Staff member
At that point you’d think just give the employees Thanksgiving off and open Friday! That used to be the tradition at the Cat!

I can think of nothing more Vail than blowing it on an announced opening day and moving it to a holiday.

And they wonder why they have such a hard time recruiting people.

eatskisleep

I can think of nothing more Vail than blowing it on an announced opening day and moving it to a holiday.

And they wonder why they have such a hard time recruiting people.
Yeah that’s true, this is 100% another Vail Fail

Mum skier

Did anyone go to Sunapee today for opening day? Hoping to go Sunday . Meant to rain, but ok if it puts people off. Just need to get one run done so I can say I skied in November.

snoseek

Fuck it I bought an epic vet again mostly so I can ski wildcat and also stowe. I feel fairly confident things will improve over last year. Same as last year I will not give them 1 dollar beyond the pass. I'll pack a lunch and of I want a beer I'll do it in the parking lot. Vail still sucks however.

Mainer

$20 an hour and no vax mandate should get them all the employees they need. That’s more $ than most jobs are advertising in the Conway daily sun. Will they hire enough people or cut corners because they don’t want to pay a lot of people that much is the question.

ThatGuy

Mount Snow is visibly well staffed. Don’t know if the same goes for the MWV but time will tell.

chuckstah

Did anyone go to Sunapee today for opening day? Hoping to go Sunday . Meant to rain, but ok if it puts people off. Just need to get one run done so I can say I skied in November.
I went this morning. One run open from the top with a small diversion to mix it up. Firm and fast. Too many beginners with no terrain for them, but not bad. Good coverage and nobody there.

IMG_20221124_120148918.jpg

Mum skier

I went this morning. One run open from the top with a small diversion to mix it up. Firm and fast. Too many beginners with no terrain for them, but not bad. Good coverage and nobody there.

View attachment 55156
So we went today. More staff there than skiers! Only one run from top, but at least they made the effort to have a carpet in the beginner area set up. I am hopeful the staffing issues will be better this year. Certainly lots of staff today for training etc. Summit lodge is open for hot food, drinks and even a bar with 3 beers on tap! So hopefully that will spread out some of the lunch time crowds compared to last year. Snow was pretty good really, not worth a long drive for limited area but we were close by for other reasons so spent a couple hours. But rain started as we were leaving. But did not suck.

snoseek

At wildcat today and it's not a disaster. Resurfacing existing terrain and blowing to be able to use tomcat chair. Lots of staff around and just a handful of skiers. I think it might be a good year. Plz snow soon!

2Planker

At wildcat today and it's not a disaster. Resurfacing existing terrain and blowing to be able to use tomcat chair. Lots of staff around and just a handful of skiers. I think it might be a good year. Plz snow soon!
Good to hear
P/U my new boards next week. Will wait a lil till coverage improves though.

Thank god for Rock Skis

Last edited: