• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vermont Skier Visits Down Significantly Due to COVID-19

dblskifanatic

The most telling of the politicization of vaccine is our former president, who played a key role in making the vaccine possible, chose to keep it out of the media that he got vaccinated DESPITE having caught Covid (and would have been immune anyway). Clearly, vaccine is a dirty little secret that's entirely unfashionable in the Republican circle! Any Republican who chose to get vaccinated largely did so quietly. So as not to fall out of favor of their supporters!

Is it any surprise the "media" acted accordingly? They have their rating to concern with too.

that is the biggest line of bull shit stop politicizing this! This whole thread is disturbing. Look at different cultures and groups of people and it is very telling and it is not a party line thing. Are there more republicans that are not vaccinated as a percentage - yes. But there are a large number of democrats that are not at the same time. If MA is close to 65% percent vaccinated and the state votes 65 - 70 % democrat based on your arguments all Republican's in MA are not. Many republicans have been vaccinated in MA. Everyone that is in my circle of friends and family that are republican are vaccinated. There is a lot of fear in many of the communities around here.

Hawk

Its been bubbling. It was only a mater of time before it blew up. It is what is happening all over the country. We are so fucked as a nation. Like I said before, it's only a mater of time before I check out of here for friendlier waters.

jimmywilson69

Its been bubbling. It was only a mater of time before it blew up. It is what is happening all over the country. We are so fucked as a nation. Like I said before, it's only a mater of time before I check out of here for friendlier waters.
agree 100%. Not sure I can move to a new country though...

BenedictGomez

So what's "media" to you (which you "blame")?
The entire collective, of which, cable news is a very teeny-tiny slice, like I said, check out the ratings versus the US population, it's next to nothing. TWTR's daus alone are far more influential than all of cable news combined, FB too. Online papers of influence (WaPo, NYT, etc..), and on and on. Cable news is only a small sliver to "blame".

abc

Isn't it more likely because of these right wing echo chamber "news" outlets and prominent republican leader that continue to promote misinformation about the safety and efficacy of vaccines?
Where did he mention FOX? You brought out FOX as an example of "few are watching".

Then went on say FOX isn't representative of "media"!

So you just argue yourself out of "media to be blame"...

icecoast1

How is it not accurate? Survey after survey has shown that Republicans are less likely to be vaccinated than Democrats, and the data seems to support that with most of the "red states" being near the bottom of percentages of people who are fully vaccinated and "blue states"near the top.
Most of the antivax people ( leaving out those on the left that were anti vax for political reasons until it made political sense not to be) I've encountered arent as much Republican as they are libertarian/anarchist/fringe/Infowar people

icecoast1

The most telling of the politicization of vaccine is our former president, who played a key role in making the vaccine possible, chose to keep it out of the media that he got vaccinated DESPITE having caught Covid (and would have been immune anyway). Clearly, vaccine is a dirty little secret that's entirely unfashionable in the Republican circle! Any Republican who chose to get vaccinated largely did so quietly. So as not to fall out of favor of their supporters!

Is it any surprise the "media" acted accordingly? They have their rating to concern with too.
Actually, he'd probably love to see everyone get the shot and it work as it was developed under his watch and he could get some credit for that.

abc

Actually, he'd probably love to see everyone get the shot and it work as it was developed under his watch and he could get some credit for that.
It's one of the brightest spot of his presidency. But it's not in keeping with the anti-establishment, anti-science theme. Even more so, it's not in keeping with the "Covid is just a bad flu" theme!

So instead of taking credit, it was never mentioned. Does anyone see big celebration of our genius president who oversee the unprecedented rapid development of so many vaccines? (if that's done, trust me, we would have had 80% vaccination rate by now!)

boston_e

that is the biggest line of bull shit stop politicizing this! This whole thread is disturbing. Look at different cultures and groups of people and it is very telling and it is not a party line thing. Are there more republicans that are not vaccinated as a percentage - yes. But there are a large number of democrats that are not at the same time. If MA is close to 65% percent vaccinated and the state votes 65 - 70 % democrat based on your arguments all Republican's in MA are not. Many republicans have been vaccinated in MA. Everyone that is in my circle of friends and family that are republican are vaccinated. There is a lot of fear in many of the communities around here.

I mean, if there are more republicans not vaccinated than democrats, and it is primarily republican leaders and right wing news outlets continuing to perpetuate the spread of misinformation about the safety and efficacy of the vaccines.... how do you say there isn't a party line component of it?

abc

What else is there to talk about? It's summer! Vail bashing? But I think we've done that to death. How about Olympic gymnastic? Boring...

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

I'm thinking/hoping it's a generational thing and people will eventually mellow out again if we can (hopefully) elect a string of moderate Presidents. I'm in my 20s and hate politics with a passion because for my entire short adult life it's just been both sides ripping each other's heads off. I hate to say it but I don't even vote. I want zero involvement... I'm that disillusioned by the whole system.

JimG.

Staff member
You know what?

Biden could shut everyone up and raise vaccination rates simply by inviting Trump to the White House and convince him to promote his supporters getting vaccinated.
Acknowledge his contribution to the solution.

boston_e

Biden could shut everyone up and raise vaccination rates simply by inviting Trump to the White House and convince him to promote his supporters getting vaccinated.
Acknowledge his contribution to the solution.
Trump had plenty of opportunity to promote to his supporters about getting vaccinated. Why he didn’t take a bigger victory lap for his part in the success of operation warp speed is difficult to understand.

Instead he chose to act like a petulant child.

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
By Nuhhhbhb

Trump had plenty of opportunity to promote to his supporters about getting vaccinated. Why he didn’t take a bigger victory lap for his part in the success of operation warp speed is difficult to understand.

Instead he chose to act like a petulant child.
Who cares? I don't.

I just want this bullshit to end.