• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett Ski Swap - Columbus Day Weekend

ChileMass

The Wawa challenge thread reminded me to put out the word about the annual Columbus Day ski swap at the lodge at Wachusett. It usually begins on Thursday and goes all weekend thru Sunday afternoon. There are several typically Worcester-area ski shops involved, and also a lot of local skiers bring older equipment they don't need anymore. A lot of the private sale stuff is junk, but you never know. The ski swap equipment selection can vary from year to year, but usually there are hundreds of pairs of slightly-used skis and boards (typically demos), some new stuff, and a lot of used kid equipment that is well-priced and goes fast. There are racks of new boots (also some used - no way), and I have bought several pairs of skis and new boots for various family members in the past few years.

Most recently I bought an pair of Rossi giant slalom racing skis that were demos (used maybe 6-8 times) with top of the line Marker bindings for about $250. I have skied on them for the past 3 seasons and it was a great bargain. I also bought 3 pairs of used kid skis with bindings for about $100 total. They needed tuning and cleaning, but my daughter and 2 nephews skied on them for 2 years. Garbage cans full of poles for like $5-10, and lots of clothing at rock-bottom prices. A great place to get stocked for the season......i recommend putting it on your calendar.

Any other good ski swaps in the region people should know about - ?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Thanks, Chilemass. I will pencil it.

I know that Burke and Pat's Peak each do one. Sugarbush has one in the fall as well which is supposed to be quite good.

When I was a kid, we relied on the weekly, "Saturday Morning Ski Swap Shop" in the basement of a local post office where one could get decent skis, poles, boots, and bindings, from BMA and other sources, for $10 each and a skilled tech did some work for you for free. A lot of kids benefitted.

Went to Stowe's summer sale in July...it was OK, though they had no technicians on hand to mount bindings for you (which was really stupid in my opinion).

ChileMass

Bump back up to the top - Columbus Day weekend is coming and just wanted to remind people about this good opportunity.......

:idea: