• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Was thinking about going skiing this weekend but weather looks too warm.

Dmiller27

Anybody have any suggestions on where to go? I'll be driving from Boston and looking for a day trip.

Riverskier

Don't worry about the warm weather in ME, NH, and VT this weekend. It may push 40 this weekend in many spots, but that will only cause the now to soften and will make for fun conditions. The negative effects of this (potentially) warm weather will be felt next week when it gets cold again and the snow freezes up.

Smellytele

Don't worry about the warm weather in ME, NH, and VT this weekend. It may push 40 this weekend in many spots, but that will only cause the now to soften and will make for fun conditions. The negative effects of this (potentially) warm weather will be felt next week when it gets cold again and the snow freezes up.

+1

hammer

Not liking what this means for MLK weekend...

bdfreetuna

Skiing in the warmth is epic. I wish I didn't have the f#cking cold from hell I'm barely getting out of bed let alone skiing any time soon.

Go skiing!

WWF-VT

"Was thinking about going skiing this weekend but weather looks too warm" ....it's only too warm when it's 80 degrees in June and all the snow is melted

snowmonster

Looks like you're looking for dependable snow within a short drive from Boston. Either Pat's Peak or Sunapee should fit the bill. If you want something closer then hit Wachuset. Be prepared for the weekend crowds though.

BenedictGomez

Not liking what this means for MLK weekend...

Too soon to tell.

MLK weekend the conditions could range anywhere from "dont even waste your time" from an extreme warm/freeze cycle, to "meh, it's fine" if the mountains even get a 3 or 4 inch refresher later next week.

At any rate, clearly the further north you go the better it will be. Personally I'm already locked into Gore+Iceface that weekend (could be ugly), but if I were truly panicking at this point I'd book Jay Peak.

Huck_It_Baby

I don't think it's going to be a bad weekend. No, there won't be any fresh snow but there is a solid base everywhere! If the sun pokes out and the snow is soft it's going to be hard to complain.

dovoian

I am hitting sugarbush on saturday, and I think it will be fine, especially on the upper 2/3 of the mountain. Its fun to read the Sugarbush snow/weather report, laugh at it, and then look at the Mad River Glen report to see what is actually going on.

Bush: Excellent base building conditions, a bit blustery.
MRG: Its raining. 80 mph wind, all chairs closed. Stay home.

Cheese

Yeah but it will hurt so good!!!

I'll have midweek to nurse sore quads.

I don't think it's going to be a bad weekend. No, there won't be any fresh snow but there is a solid base everywhere! If the sun pokes out and the snow is soft it's going to be hard to complain.

There's moisture in the forecast for Friday night. Always a chance for an unforeseen surprise in the morning at higher elevations. Looking forward to a good weekend of skiing regardless.

kingslug

Possibility of R...have to see the forecast for K on SUnday before I try to book the bus from hell...not into skiing in R anymore...