• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

waterville Valley Lately?

ericfromMA/NH/VT

Anyone been to Waterville lately? Wondering what the conditions have been like. Heading there Thursday to demo some skis I'm totally unfamiliar with the area.

Looking for a nice long blue get to know your ski run

Pretty steep get to know your skis run

At least a couple ungroomed bump trails to see how the skis do on them.

gonna try the kendo 88 the mindbender 90 TI. If anyone has any thoughts on the skis that's cool too. Strong intermediate skier. 60% groomer 40% bumps/ungroomed trails. no woods.....yet. Don't ski superfast low 40s is my top end speed.

thanks all

bdfreetuna

Thursday you should be skiing at least a few inches of fresh snow. Check your forecast, the groomers might not be very groomed. Gonna be a fun day to ski though.

ericfromMA/NH/VT

yep, it will be. I picked that day to see how the skis do in fresh snow that eventually gets piled up. there's a demo day at my home Mt - ragged - in 2 weeks I can ski them again on a nice groomed day conditions permitting.

Dickc

Waterville's trail map is pretty honest with the trail grading. Some Blacks are on the easy side, but the good steeps are accessed off the Sunny Side Chair area.

kendo

\
\
gonna try the kendo 88 the mindbender 90 TI. If anyone has any thoughts on the skis that's cool too. Strong intermediate skier. 60% groomer 40% bumps/ungroomed trails. no woods.....yet. Don't ski superfast low 40s is my top end speed.

\

Here's an in depth review of the 2020 Kendo 88.

https://www.skiessentials.com/Chairlift-Chat/2020-Volkl-Kendo-88-Ski-Review/

I've got 2018 Kendo's and they're absolutely rock solid for railing front side Super G turns. Expect more of the same with the 2020. My favorite skiing is high speed / steeps and the Kendo outperformed everything else I demo'd (Brahma's, Kore 93, Enforcers and others). They also do very well in chopped up powder but could use more rocker in the tips for skiing fresh powder all day. Looks like the 2020 has increased rocker. Performance on mogul runs requires a strong skier and good form. Will throw you in the back seat in an instant if you're not on top of the ski!

I'm also going to demo the 2020 Kendo 88's to see if the reduced topsheet metal makes it a better all mountain performer.

Edd

Haven’t tried the Kendo in years but I’m on my second season with Kore 93s. I’m thrilled with the performance and it’s the closest thing I’ve found for a true do-it-all ski.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone