• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weathermen Were Way Wrong About Today

Zand

Not only did we get virtually no snow (supposed to get 1-3"), the low this morning was supposed to be 20-25. Well, it's currently 8 and still falling. What an opening day this is gonna be.

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
The snow line I think fell right around the Berkshire County line - no snow in Shelburne Falls, MA, however there's an inch or two new in Charlemont (Berkshire East, second town over)

ALLSKIING

Staff member
The Loaf got 7 inches last night and its still falling!!!

116558194312-08-06snowy1.jpg

loafer89

It's 18F here in Bloomfield and the front came through 100% precipitation free. There is supossed to be a rapid warm up after today with near 50F temps forecast for sunday.:-(

The cold air feels delightful, I wish it would stay until spring. The meteorologists are talking about a pattern change just before Chrristmas which would lead to snowy and cold weather for a while. I hope this does happen.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
It's 18F here in Bloomfield and the front came through 100% precipitation free. There is supossed to be a rapid warm up after today with near 50F temps forecast for sunday.:-(

The cold air feels delightful, I wish it would stay until spring. The meteorologists are talking about a pattern change just before Chrristmas which would lead to snowy and cold weather for a while. I hope this does happen.

Don't even worry about their "forecast." Call them what they are: "Weatherguessers". For all that technology, they are still as good as a coinflip, especially more than 36 hours out. Do your own prognostication: stick your schnoz out the door in the morning, take a quick peek at radar, roll your own forecast.

If I every planned my outdoor activities around a forecast I'd be a homebody.

And don't get me going about "Storm Central"
They've got more fluff than we'll ever see on the slopes!

tcharron

Like a half an inch but blown around in areas around Crotched Mt, but the problem is the damned wind.. ;-P

Phildozer

Not only did we get virtually no snow (supposed to get 1-3"), the low this morning was supposed to be 20-25. Well, it's currently 8 and still falling. What an opening day this is gonna be.

Seriously Zand, when are you going to realize that the weather is *rarely* correct for Central Massachusetts when it comes to snow totals?

snoseek

the weatherman did fine, it's the computer models that were a little off. The only time i get annoyed with the wetherman is when they hype big storms. besides look at how much snow fell in the cannon/bw areas. game on!!

bigbog

...I luv their camera...!;-);-)

That was a good pic to grab AllSkiing...:smile: I love those shots they take with that camera....makes the flakes look like Class "B" Sci-Fi organisms.....;-)
Ya, temps are just great up here....even at SundayRiver.

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
We got a couple inches in the Ludlow, VT area and it was cold and windy as anything at Okemo today - below zero with the wind chill at the top. They weren't even running the Northstar Quad to the summit. All the snow was blowing and it was icy as anything.

Should be better this weekend.

klrskiah

for the most part everyone got more than was forcasted!!!

Portland was forcasted to get "flurries" but we got 2-3''

Sugarloaf was forcasted for 2" and they got 8". And saddleback is reporting 12" :spread:

cannon, BW, Jay and others got dumped on too, but on the other side of the notches they only got like 1"

Jay's Dip Powcher

It is great when the weather men are wrong! I would never get those epic days if they were correct and everyone showed up to get the unforcasted pow!