• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Trying to decide what to bake today. It's cold and I need to get that oven going to warm this place up. :D Right now I'm leaning toward Super-Sized Ginger Chewies (thanks, Jens, for the suggestion of looking up Elinor, BTW!) but I haven't decided yet. I'm getting low on some baking supplies but I'm not bringing the kids out in this cold so I'll have to make do.

Congrats on breaking half a million in vert

Thank You..with 8 days in a row skiing Jackson Hole/Grand Targhee...my vert will start to rise really fast..then I'll hit a million sometime in February and maybe 2 million total this season...I think there's gonna be some May skiing on the ice coast and if not I'll travel for it.

drjeff

Getting ready for when the accountant that handles my practice shows up for the annual year end meeting this afternoon - I'll then base on whether my usual Friday PM package store run is a celebratory one or a "drink off the pain" run

Warp Daddy

Just finished unthawing a frozen hot water supply line t one of our small bathrooms .in northwest corner of the bldg . House is 106 yrs old

Problem was very tight clearance between top of poured concrete wall and sole plate of the framing and little or not enough insulation in this one very small area

Of course being in a corner between 2 joists stuffed with H& C water supply & drain lines, soilpipes etc added to the fun . 2-3 minutes with a HAIR dryer opened it right up and then 5 minutes stuffing insulation in that damn small space and piecing in foam pipe insulation as well SHOULD alleviate it in the future .

First frozen pipe since we've lived here -- now 40 years

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
The same things I always do:

The cookies are delicious, BTW. :D Mags enjoyed helping make them. Only problem is I think I used up all the flour so it kind of messes up my plan to make pizza dough tonight.
n624361256_2373121_4428.jpg

You can't tell, but these cookies are monstrous. 1/4 cup of batter for each one! You only get 12 out of the batch, but they're great!

Last edited:

drjeff

The same things I always do:

The cookies are delicious, BTW. :D Mags enjoyed helping make them. Only problem is I think I used up all the flour so it kind of messes up my plan to make pizza dough tonight.
n624361256_2373121_4428.jpg

You can't tell, but these cookies are monstrous. 1/4 cup of batter for each one! You only get 12 out of the batch, but they're great!

Right now I'm getting the urge to see if there any cookies back in the kitchen at my office :)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Did you find any? :)

I'm making pizza dough in the bread machine. I meant to make a different recipe with the mixer (never made pizza dough before) but I used up all the all-purpose flour earlier making those cookies, so this one is with bread flour. Hope it comes out well!

Oh yeah, and I'm thinking of how to word my letter to the Judicial Dept about postponing jury duty. Anybody want to watch the kids for me? I can only postpone up to one year, apparently.

Terry

Watching the snowstorm start and thinking about getting ready to go skiing. Should be a fun day in the snow. 8-14 inches expected :snow: