• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Ibuprofen or acetaminophen wouldn't be a better solution? Those wouldn't affect my mind or my reflexes the way wine does.
Ibuprofen/acetaminophen don't even touch the pain, even a medical dose. But 1-2 glasses of red dull the pain beautifully (and I only indulge in that when there's another adult on site, so the rest of the time, I suffer). Resting on the couch helped a bit today--back to the point where movement will help rather than hinder, so tomorrow we're on for our trip to the zoo.

Back from a couple errands, pasta is on the stove cooking, sitting down with a glass of wine, going to play some Wii with hubby shortly.

Grassi21

About to drive to Trumbull to watch some HS indoor lacrosse. Waaaaay to early for this....

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
About to drive to Trumbull to watch some HS indoor lacrosse. Waaaaay to early for this....
Up before dawn for lax? :blink:

Off to Blue Mountain for a morning session. Planning on a post-skiing pit stop at the gym for a safety meeting & soak in the hot tub. :cool:

BackLoafRiver

Just finished an hour and half session at the gym. Going to grab some lunch with the lady and do errands/ buy a few things for our weekend at Saddleback.

WakeboardMom

Mrs Root is in the market for a new car. Volvo XC90 & Nissan Pathfinder are on the short list.

On the face of it, I would think there's a big difference in price. (Haven't googled it.) If performance is close, wouldn't the Nissan make more sense?

(This from a person who's owned Volvos since 1985. Currently driving an old (2000) C70 convertible and an '06 Special Edition XC70. The special edition is because my husband is a sailing fan. It's a Volvo Ocean Race. ; - )

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Back from a LOOOOOOONG (but fun!) day at the Bronx Zoo! Kids had a blast and the weather was perfect for it. This was the best we've seen the snow leopards, red panda, and tigers yet!

Terry

Skiing for a couple hours this am and the helping my daughter and her boyfriend move out of our house! Yeah we get the house back to ourselves finally. Get to run around naked if we want to. Told the kids to make sure they knock first if they come to visit!

Geoff

Mrs Root is in the market for a new car. Volvo XC90 & Nissan Pathfinder are on the short list.

You might give some thought about owning one of those if gas prices double. An XC90 sees 14/20mpg and burns premium. The Pathfinder with a 6 gets the same. Subtract 2 mpg for the V8.

Grassi21

Sounds like fun, me I'm stuck skiing :(

Up before dawn for lax? :blink:

Off to Blue Mountain for a morning session. Planning on a post-skiing pit stop at the gym for a safety meeting & soak in the hot tub. :cool:

Sad right? The good thing is we smashed a local rival 13-3. Even some our seniors were shocked how good we looked. Great start to the day.

Right now I.m just finishing breakfast and relaxin. Heading out to watch some football with the boys this afternoon.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Scrubbing the kitchen floor grout. After I'm done, I'm going to use clear nail polish to hopefully ensure that I don't have to do this again. The one thing that I would change about the kitchen make-over 3.5 years ago is the color of the floor grout!

Last edited:

Warp Daddy

Rooter the Murano lookin good ?? I always thought they were pretty sharp too . May be on my radar screen next time too , Test drove em and liked it but ended up getting my 07 Saab sportcombi which i love . Being saab owners for yrs we got a better deal but now with Saab's demise i'm gonna take it in the ear on trade . So we'll probably drive the effin wheels off it :D