• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What Day to Take Off

HD333

Up in NH for an extra long weekend, staying through Thursday. What day crowd wise would be the best to take off? I am thinking Sunday with the Monday holiday.
Going to take one day off for other activities.
So what day would you take a pass on this vacation week.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Either tomorrow or Sunday. I'd say tomorrow honestly. Sunday is going to be fairly cold at Gunstock, where as tomorrow will be quite nice.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Cool,

Was planning on hitting Ragged tomorrow, but my friend backed out. Looks like I'll be at Gunstock tomorrow instead.

mlkrgr

I knew well enough to go Friday to Waterville and it was a great time; traffic going North Friday night was ridiculous. Waterville was very busy even for a Friday but not anything worse than a low weekend day. I couldn't imagine how crowded the slopes are this weekend. I was considering today but I had a good sense there would be wind problems. SR has everything on hold except lower WH quads and the learning quad at South Ridge.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Cool,

Was planning on hitting Ragged tomorrow, but my friend backed out. Looks like I'll be at Gunstock tomorrow instead.

back on for Ragged. :lol:

another friend decided to head there tomorrow. Hopefully there will still be bumps on Redhat when I make my way back to Gunstock.

xwhaler

Skied Gunstock Sat night. Place was absolutely packed with day timers getting off the slopes at 4 when I arrived....looked like it was a very busy day for them.
Bumps on Redhat were quite icy...looks like they got hit pretty hard by the masses during the day. 1 run down thru them was enough for me. Also hit Stonebar and Flintlock Extension before they roped them....icy.
Best snow was found on Cannonball Steeps and Tiger on the Tiger side. Hit that chair for 2 hrs before moving over to the Pistol for a half dozen runs. Pistol was best snow of the night...all the park rats were in the terrain park so some high speed open em up runs on a wide open Pistol were a lot of fun.
Not a huge fan of Gunstock but I really do like their night skiing operation. The sunset looking NW towards VT from the top of the Tiger was really amazing.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yeah, pretty much strip club bumps at Ragged today as well, so we stuck to the groomers. Nice to see them leaving them be instead of mowing them down though.