• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What does everybody do for a living???

Vortex

Terry I have mechanic sort of question that I would love help with and would pay you to fix

My Truck head lights always seem to point up. I think its the design of the Montero sport. Look like I have my high beams on all the time. Any way to get different headligs,. put a deflector over the head light anything.Custom is fine. I get people angry every time I drive at night. I see that other Montero owner have same issue. Design flaw. Is there a way around this?

wa-loaf

Terry I have mechanic sort of question that I would love help with and would pay you to fix

My Truck head lights always seem to point up. I think its the design of the Montero sport. Look like I have my high beams on all the time. Any way to get different headligs,. put a deflector over the head light anything.Custom is fine. I get people angry every time I drive at night. I see that other Montero owner have same issue. Design flaw. Is there a way around this?

I'm not a mechanic, but I know most headlights can be adjusted with a couple turns of a screw. Have you taken close look at them on the inside?

Vortex

Not me but ,Ya my mechanic said he did not see an adjustment. I'm get confused on which end of a screw driver to use. I 'm not sure if he was just giving me the run around. All the montero sports seem to have the back end ride low and the lights point up even more. I had new shocks done once thinking that migth help it did not. Thanks for the reply though, gives me hope. Terry bring a screw driver and I'll bring lager.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
I'm a quality control technician for a road maintenance company in western MA. I have a PE in Civil engineering and have been with the same employer for 6 years in October. Mostly I test hot mix asphalt produced at any of our 5 plants, but I can get called on do do field QC work behind the paver, drive a front-end loader, operate a mobile mixing mill, and most recently I became the back-up asphalt plant operator for our facility in northeast CT. On top of that I'm the safety officer for the two southern New England asphalt plants (1 in CT, 1 in RI). I average about 70 hours a week during peak paving season, June - October, and this includes my average commute of 1.5 hours each way. I'm usually up by 3:30am, on the road by 4, and home by 5 or 6pm. Like BobR I don't sleep much, 4-6 hours a night once I get the kids in bed. On top of that I work overtime for free and need an act of congress to take vacations anytime between May and October. A big perk is the company pickup. Gas, tires, insurance, repairs - it all covered.

The winter is a different story though. From mid-December to early April I work a reduced schedule of 4-10 hour days a week, but the boss lets me count the commuting time towards the 40. Plus I can use a little "saved time" here and there.
Smitty

skibum9995

I bag groceries. 40 hours mid May to mid Sept, 20-25 hours the rest of the year. It's great with a flexible schedule and pretty much unlimited time off. I have degrees in Digital Media and Computer Science so at some point I will get a job as a Web Developer but probably not until after this ski season.

Vortex

I bag groceries. 40 hours mid May to mid Sept, 20-25 hours the rest of the year. It's great with a flexible schedule and pretty much unlimited time off. I have degrees in Digital Media and Computer Science so at some point I will get a job as a Web Developer but probably not until after this ski season.

You said that last year:spin::wink:

good for you.:beer:

SkiDork

chicken choker. Try to avoid the talons.

dynamite_art1.jpg

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com

That's easy, put taller tires on the back.

wintersyndrome

I'm actually not, due to the court order...

Are you coming up for it? I'm going to be there selling ice cream on Saturday afternoon.

No but my current "live-in-sleeps-in-the-same-bed-with-me-ex-girlfriend" will be up there (Dont' ask its a long story). She grew up in Pomfret. I was there last year, Interesting with all of the livestock, kennel corn, and funnel cake it was fun even for a Long Island guy. Before that, the last country fair I went to on scale with Woodstock was out in Missouri. Being from LI and away from the influence of NYC its eye-opening to what goes on in the rest of the country, ya know, besides skiing.

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Most of you owe me, or somone like me, thanks. If it wasn't for us, most of you wouldn't be where you are now. I am a TEACHER. Sure, I don't make a lot of money, but that is not why I chose to teach. It's kind of ironic that teachers make such a small amount of money by comparison, many of the people they give skills to end up making 2 to 3 times the amount they do (some more).

I am currently teaching 8th and 9th grade Math to students with learning disabilities.

dmc

Most of you owe me, or somone like me, thanks. If it wasn't for us, most of you wouldn't be where you are now. I am a TEACHER. Sure, I don't make a lot of money, but that is not why I chose to teach.

Sounds more like a preacher to me... :)