• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

"What if ASC fails?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ASC

teachski said:
I would like to see Haystack liberated
Really.. well why then you don't you put a group together and show us how it is done? Instead of whining and trashing a company that stands on it's head to provide YOU with somewhere to ski in October and May...and all the months in between :roll:

teachski

Website
teachski.com
ASC said:
teachski said:
I would like to see Haystack liberated
Really.. well why then you don't you put a group together and show us how it is done? Instead of whining and trashing a company that stands on it's head to provide YOU with somewhere to ski in October and May...and all the months in between :roll:

Why do you have to be confrontational and looking to start arguements?????

I was responding to the original question. If ASC fails, I would love to see someone with the financial ability take over Haystack and return it to what it was before ASC took over.

Haystack before ASC- lodge and area which has now been closed.
Haystack1.jpg

Greg

Staff member
teachski said:
Why do you have to be confrontational and looking to start arguements?????
Laurie - at this point, the best approach is to simply ignore him.

A

ASC

I am not being confrontational, just holding the mirror up. You are biting the hand that feeds you. You don't like how someone chooses to run their operation, just DON"T GO THERE. It is quite that simple.
ASC focuses too much on the luxuries, they should focus more on the skiing.
And who are you to tell them what to "Focus on"? Are you a disgruntled stockholder?
ASC seems to be trying to put skiing out of reach of the middle class worker.
Righto... those $299 passes, they are going after the Rothchilds in their Lexus SUV with them, right?
If you don't like it, stay down there in MA on Dingleberry Ridge :lol: or whatever hill you are a "Patroller" on. 8)

A

ASC

Re: liberating Haystack

curlyfuzzie said:
Gotta agree with the Haystack liberation front... I miss it the way it was, and for the record, Haven't been back to Mt. Snow since my first and last visit since it was ASC.
Then put up some $$ and show us how it is done! You think you can pull it off, and actually make a profit? I would love to see your business plan.

skijay

ASC (the poster):

The original post I did in reference to Mount Snow was a "What If?". It has nothing to do with ASC's operation or statement of financial condition. It was just a question.

I do not think anybody here is knocking ASC corporation. I do ski at ASC properties. It sounds like you exclusively ski there. Which ASC mountain do you go to?

[/quote]

A

ASC

skijay said:
I do not think anybody here is knocking ASC corporation.
Have you read the thread? SkierTeach has been trashing. :angry: Why do you go after a corp that is providing the thing you love? Do I see you trashng Triple Peaks, Intrawest, Booth Creek? I don't get it. way out of line, IMHO. I think SkierTeach maybe got turned down for a patroller position(ability?) and is bitter and spiteful.
By the way, I DON'T ski at ASC exclusively. I understand the dynamics of business today, and how difficult it is to stay afloat never mind turn a profit, ESPECIALLY in a fickle industry such as this. :blink:

A

ASC

BAN Chilemass

CHILEMASS SAID: F--k him.
I haven't used any profanities, just defending the right of corporations to run their ski operations as they see fit. I think ChileMass should be banned for foul language. :angry:

J

jlangdale

People just like to bash corporations sometimes for the fun of it. I don't think picking on anyone or using any kind of foul remarks is good either. No reason to get negative. Bad vibes dood.

Greg

Staff member
jlangdale said:
Bad vibes dood.
Exactly. Unfortunately this thread is now beyond repair. I believe all points have been made. I'm locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.