• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What in the world is going on at wildcat…

deadheadskier

Staff member
They put out a top notch product year after year. They are well staffed (and every department knows what they are doing), and the value can't be beat. They aren't sharing resources with other regional hills and their corporate overlords give them about as free of a hand as possible.

While enticing I wouldn't want to jeopardize that just to be able to ski in Maine a couple times a year on the same pass.

Right on. Makes total sense. You got a good deal going on at Ragged for your family and are happy with the product. Don't rock the boat, even with a "good" big ski management company. Bigger isn't always better

Newpylong

Right on. Makes total sense. You got a good deal going on at Ragged for your family and are happy with the product. Don't rock the boat, even with a "good" big ski management company. Bigger isn't always better

Pretty much. I can be pretty critical when it comes to operations but I continually comment (and my wife agrees which is also odd heh) just how well run the place is. Perfect? No, no one is but just a real good thing going and I don't think there are many who want it to change. They do keep going up consistantly on the passes and eventually "Mission Affordable" will be leas affordable and the value may change... but for now how can you beat what they offer for $349 if you live anywhere close?

Edd

Friends of mine sent me this from Wildcat today. Anyone know if this is the plan for the whole season? It’s the bar upstairs.

1640632440268.jpeg

MadKitty

lol that beer list is pathetic for a ski bar in New England! Reinforces my decision to do all my wildcat drinking in lot c!

deadheadskier

Staff member
lol that beer list is pathetic for a ski bar in New England! Reinforces my decision to do all my wildcat drinking in lot c!

They've always had a pretty poor selection and some of that is due to space limitations. But that is really bad. Like most bars had a better selection 25 years ago bad.

MadKitty

Last year Linda (former longtime wildcat bartender) said she had to appeal to Broomfield to order anything other than Budweiser products.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Last year Linda (former longtime wildcat bartender) said she had to appeal to Broomfield to order anything other than Budweiser products.

Linda is no longer there?

She was the best.

Even prior to Vail, they always had a pretty weak craft beer offering.

snoseek

Man she goes back a lo g long way. Like decades and was fluent in bartending.

IceEidolon

good for the local competition!
If they don't own all the resorts in your region, as with the Snowtime and Seven Springs area clusters. Then, the long timers can't go work for a competitor easily.

chuckstah

It's a New Year's miracle. The quad is listed as open along with Upper Polecat. Still not worth the gas money, but it's better than the Tomcat. I'll believe it when I see it running. Screenshot_20220101-013416.png

Edd

I can finally see 2022 for purchasing lift tickets and it gives the impression that they’re open 7 days a week, so that’s something. I’m almost surprised.