• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What is your Ski Day Ritual?

ScottySkis

Put skis in car night before have boots by door . pack up everything the night before. Alarm goes off get up turn on coffee machine. Take shower have safety meeting outback load up car stop st local deli get egg sandwich get to platty and forget winter coat happen last Friday I had 2 fleece in car and it was warm day luck for me and it snowed 10 inches when they were calling for 4 .

deadheadskier

Staff member
All my rituals are night before. Lay out base layers and a pair of jeans. Fresh ski socks into the boot bag, usually discovering a dirty pair of regular socks I forgot to pull out from prior ski day. Plug hotronic batteries in. Put a bottle of water in the freezer. Preset coffee.

I'm usually out the door within ten minutes in the morning as I'll have a significant drive to get to the hill.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Some genuine OCD cases here.

That's the definition of a ritual.

Solo:

Set alarm for 6am. Wake up naturally at 5:50 or 5am if it is snowing.

Start coffee water.

Post morning weather update on NYSB. Check weather.

Head to mtn for first chair.

With family:

Exactly the same. B U T A L O T S L O W E R

Still get a decent amount of say... 10th chair.

JDMRoma

Same here. Probably due to the large quantities of coffee I consume on the way to the mountain. I find it challenging to shit in ski boots....anyone else have this issue?

+1 dumpage before booting up is a must. Usually shoot a couple of cups of coffee before leaving the house to get things moving before hitting the road

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last edited:

Krikaya

What you all are describing is a routine--a regular way of doing things in a particular order. I thought the OP was asking for a ritual which is a religious or solemn ceremony consisting of a series of actions performed according to a prescribed order.

My ritual before skiing involves rising at midnight, multiple virgin sacrifices before a pagan altar, copious amounts of blood and bodily fluids strewn about the shrine I've built to Ullr, wild fornication under torchlight at the top of a mountain, wild incantations chanted by robed mysterious creatures who may or may not be fully human, and then a quick stop at Mickey D's for coffee and an egg mcmuffin. Works like a charm every time.

Hawkshot99

Same here. Probably due to the large quantities of coffee I consume on the way to the mountain. I find it challenging to shit in ski boots....anyone else have this issue?

I cn dump in ski boots no problem. My problem is when I am wearing my knee brace. It goes 1/2 way up my thigh, so I can pull my long underwear and boxers down very far. Very restrictive......

SkiFanE

Everyone knows Mom have to remembering EVERYTHING!

Nice to see Mom remembering the safety meeting supplies.

Given that I live by the hill and have no kids. Its basically roll out of bed, put on ski clothes, grab a redbull from the fridge, and get on with it.

I also have to tail tap my board at the beginning of my run otherwise I feel off.

RustyGroomer

Shittin' aside, check the temp & look for new snow. Cold & dry,.........bacon. Anything worthy of early chairs gets a granola/whatever & gone. Ski from the door.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
... and What do you always forget?

get to platty and forget winter coat happen last Friday I had 2 fleece in car and it was warm day luck for me and it snowed 10 inches when they were calling for 4 .

Scotty reminded me of the things I forget - like my inhaler because I have a touch of asthma that acts up when I'm skiing moguls or glades.

What did you forget?

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
My ritual before skiing involves rising at midnight, multiple virgin sacrifices before a pagan altar, copious amounts of blood and bodily fluids strewn about the shrine I've built to Ullr, wild fornication under torchlight at the top of a mountain, wild incantations chanted by robed mysterious creatures who may or may not be fully human, and then a quick stop at Mickey D's for coffee and an egg mcmuffin. Works like a charm every time.
:blink: ... um ... not exactly?

Vortex

Basic and Boring

Weekends get up and take the dogs for a walk about 6.15. Warm up the car around 6.50, stop for a coffee and Breakfast sandwich. park by 7.30 boot up and in the lift line by 7.50.

Mid week, With a 9 am opening, I may skip going out with the first rush by a few minutes. Plenty of runs to be had with less people.