• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

sull1102

Good luck, hope to enjoy the mountain next year. In that 5 year plan can you talk more about lifts? Any plans to replace or simply repair what is in place?

JamaicaMan

Good luck, hope to enjoy the mountain next year. In that 5 year plan can you talk more about lifts? Any plans to replace or simply repair what is in place?

Short term: repair summit lifts and add new carpet for learning/beginner area. The plan also had mid and long-term options which will be evaluated. But, first, let's get the purchase agreement done, ok?

slatham

Geoff has a credible plan but it needs to get done so fingers crossed. If it does get done, he will also need some luck, and more importantly our help. If this deal happens the faithful, their friends, acquaintances, distant relatives, etc will have to show support big time. This must be successful and we can all play a big part in making it happen. That is unless all you want to ski is Stratton and Okemo....

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Geoff has a credible plan but it needs to get done so fingers crossed. If it does get done, he will also need some luck, and more importantly our help. If this deal happens the faithful, their friends, acquaintances, distant relatives, etc will have to show support big time. This must be successful and we can all play a big part in making it happen. That is unless all you want to ski is Stratton and Okemo....

Talk to Nick.....AZ Summit 8.0.B
Never been there but sounds like great terrain...With snow!

prsboogie

Location, possible mutual ownership. Others on here would know!

RG or DW to the red phone!!

prsboogie

+1. I've thought for a while that this would be a great gathering. Much easier than Loaf for the majority of folks

I think it should be in addition to SL. Obviously weather permitting, something in early March for the Loaf and second week of February for Magic.

Or we could leave things alone and just have a mini-Magic-summit!!

MMP

...and the trainwreck continues. The new slogan should be "At least we're not Saddleback or Burke!".

Magic needs more capital than a small community group will ever be able to provide. Don't see how they'll get much done at all. Magic needs a lot of $$$, and anyone that says otherwise is talking through their a$$.

Anyone counting the money of people they don't know is definitely talking out of their ass.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Anyone counting the money of people they don't know is definitely talking out of their ass.

So you want to believe that this group has enough money lying around to re-build two lifts and an entire snowmaking system? That's cool... you believe in Bigfoot as well?

The odds that these are 1%ers looking to invest in Magic is 1%.

Newpylong

This is welcomed news. I hope they have deep pockets and know what they're getting into. It's a lot easier to armchair operate a ski area than to actually do it.

MMP

So you want to believe that this group has enough money lying around to re-build two lifts and an entire snowmaking system? That's cool... you believe in Bigfoot as well?

The odds that these are 1%ers looking to invest in Magic is 1%.

What I believe is that YOU have no idea what YOU are talking about. What people have, are willing to invest, or what is needed are things that you know nothing about. So shut the fuck up. Genius.

One thing I know is that people that have nothing can't imagine what others do have (lying around as you say). I don't know if you see yourself here, but my guess is you do.

Calling people making an investment as a group with no clue who or what or when or how much is something you call a "train wreck" ? So smart.

Fuck off.