• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

skifasttakechances

IMO, biggest key to Magic being successful is the average skier being aware it exists.

Magic has a reputation of being a hard core ski area for experts; some call it the MRG of southern VT. That reputation will remove it from consideration by a large number of people. They should market themselves as the Smuggs of Southern VT not the MRG.

This is the key right here. Families and increasing skier visits with improved snow making, improved beginner area, and running lifts.

The lodge and bar are great but a monster fireplace in the middle of it would be awesome. Upgrading the heating system as well. Better food.

The other key thing to make Magic viable is year round activities and events. Bike park. Concerts. Functions and weddings. Antique and craft fairs. Beer and chili festivals. Music, art and food events. Etc. A consistent source of income to deal with low tide winters. Need to grow and strengthen the Magic community into a year round place.

PearlJam09

Website
www.leaveyourfeet.net
This is the key right here. Families and increasing skier visits with improved snow making, improved beginner area, and running lifts.

The lodge and bar are great but a monster fireplace in the middle of it would be awesome. Upgrading the heating system as well. Better food.

The other key thing to make Magic viable is year round activities and events. Bike park. Concerts. Functions and weddings. Antique and craft fairs. Beer and chili festivals. Music, art and food events. Etc. A consistent source of income to deal with low tide winters. Need to grow and strengthen the Magic community into a year round place.

How about we start with answering the phones during normal business hours. Gotta walk before you can run, right?

JamaicaMan

In all seriousness, if we pull this off, I think the priority and key to success is a name change: H Magic

Too soon???

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

WoodCore

In all seriousness, if we pull this off, I think the priority and key to success is a name change: H Magic

Too soon???

Haha!

I'll suggest changing the name to Mullet Mountain. Business in the front, party in the back. :snow:

Pez

Haven't skied there in many years. Last winter I almost did on the way home from Killington and Okemo. Ended up going to Bromley instead figuring the conditions would be better. I remember hearing that they didn't groom that much. Don't know if that was true or not. To the casual observer it seems like there has been a lot of mis information out there about Magic.

drjeff

Haven't skied there in many years. Last winter I almost did on the way home from Killington and Okemo. Ended up going to Bromley instead figuring the conditions would be better. I remember hearing that they didn't groom that much. Don't know if that was true or not. To the casual observer it seems like there has been a lot of mis information out there about Magic.

Magic not grooming much (or well) is a bit of a misconception, especially when there's not a bunch of natural snow terrain in play.

Sure when they have natural snow, there is a bunch of terrain that doesn't get groomed. However, I have found on many occasions over the last 4 seasons when I've been going to Magic typically a few times a year when my kids have had races there, that what Magic does groom, has a snow surface quality that can hold it's own, with any resort in the Northeast! They can put out a product, that if they can keep people with far less than "expert" abilities very happy with the snow surface they're sliding downhill on

MMP

Magic not grooming much (or well) is a bit of a misconception, especially when there's not a bunch of natural snow terrain in play.

Sure when they have natural snow, there is a bunch of terrain that doesn't get groomed. However, I have found on many occasions over the last 4 seasons when I've been going to Magic typically a few times a year when my kids have had races there, that what Magic does groom, has a snow surface quality that can hold it's own, with any resort in the Northeast! They can put out a product, that if they can keep people with far less than "expert" abilities very happy with the snow surface they're sliding downhill on

next year give me a heads up when you'll be there, I'll bring you a Treehouse.

MMP

Too soon???

GMagic obviously. Are you sure you're in marketing?

slatham

Glad the potential new owner has a sense of humor! Drove by Magic today and it was snowing so the new vibe has already been recognized by Mother Nature.

And I do in fact know Do Work.......

Mm2jp1

As I've said patrol doesn't give a s#%t If you jump a rope, just don't be obvious in front of them and don't get hurt.

rocks860

Dr Jeff totally off topic but I just saw your avatar. I've been up to treehouse a couple times in the last month stocking up. Their beer is incredible.

yeggous

This was last spring, and the guy was a real dick about it. I'm used to the Cat where ski patrol will say hello and ask how the reserve trails are skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app